I'm not going to rant about this one since the reviews are pretty clear, currently at 29%. Since i really rarely have bad experiences like this to review, I will just list our issues and leave it at that.
1) Greeted by nobody at the front desk and waited a good 5-10 minutes before anyone showed up.
2) Reservation seemed to be lost in their system and they were attempting to charge full price because of that, and only when i showed them my reservation confirmation and price on my phone did they give in.
3) Non-smoking room was requested and "provided" but it was clearly a smoking room and was horrible.
4) Toilet didn't flush, shower water pressure was non-existent.
5) Walls were very thin and doors were loud, seemed that you could hear everything and I'm a heavy sleeper.
Overall, anything that could be poorly built or designed was done in that poor fashion. The appearance looks nice, "newly renovated" fresh coat of paint, some new fixtures etc but the underlying issues are big and problematic and if there was great service that can typically make up for a lot but in this case it made it worse. We didn't even dare stay for breakfast because we didn't want to be let down any more so we just went up the street to a tiny bakery which was great.
This was still in the time period when they were trying to transition to Wyndham from the Sir Friederich Hotel name so i hope that Wyndham can clean it up, but we'll see if the reviews get any better, still wouldn't stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Mannheim is a stylish designed hotel in the centre of the city of Mannheim. The shopping promenade "Planken" is known as "Champs-Elysees of Mannheim" - lined with fashionable shops, regal houses, and world-class restaurants. Simply step outside to take it all in. Easily accessible from the international airport Frankfurt am Main - and just a 10-minute stroll from the train station - our Mannheim hotel is the ideal choice for holidays, corporate travel, and weekend getaways. Experience the elegance of the Wyndham Mannheim. The 151 newly renovated hotel rooms brim with urban style and energy. The rooms of Wyndham Mannheim offer you a coffee machine, a flatscreen TV and Wifi free of any charge. The breakfast buffet in Wyndham Mannheim is also a true insider tip and meeting point of the residents of Mannheim. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Wyndham Mannheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.