“Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 45 Hotels in Mannheim
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean, but they just don't seem to cope well when it is full. The breakfast area in a morning is chaotic and it's difficult to find a clean table. Hotels know in advance if they will be full or not and I would expect additional staff to be asked to work when they are. This was the case every day !

The rooms are clean and functional. The food in the bar area was good (if the wait for it is about an hour).

Was handy for the office but there isn't much around it.

Overall would stay again but I can only say it is average.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Park_Inn_Mannheim, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Mannheim, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Guest, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and for your positive comments but also for your advices concerning your breakfast experience. That helps us a lot to modify our procedures to improve our services.
Best regards, Park Inn by Radisson Mannheim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Spent the weekend here after a week of very hot weather. I was relieved that they had air conditioning in every room and a fridge where I could store water bottles to cool. The hotel is near the park and a 10 - 15 minute walk to the water tower and shopping streets. The room was clean and there was free wi-fi on the rooms as well as in the public areas. The breakfast buffet was a bit on the expensive side but had an eclectic selection of items - including chicken nuggets - (go figure??). Parking is free and there is a big lot that was 75% empty the whole weekend (I'm assuming because there was no game at the stadium).

Room Tip: I had a room at the end of the hall and it had a very nice breeze - yes! on top of everything else...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tantomile_11
Park_Inn_Mannheim, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Mannheim, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Guest,
we thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and your positive comments about it. We are very happy to experience, that you where very satisfied with our services.
Napoli
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is in a strategic position, just out of the Highway. Large parking. Rooms are of decent size (EU style), food is not bad, but it's a standard business location. Lot of meeting rooms, which I've enjoyed, and good coffee breaks. Good choice of buffet breakfast.
U-Bahn stop right out of the hotel, in 5 minutes you can reach the center of the city where you can walk, enjoy shops and find nice restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MarioNaples
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for choosing our hotel and your positive responses.
We would be very happy to welcome you soon again.
Barcelona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Stayed 3 days for business and it is ok, nothing to write home about. Location is out of center but it easy to access with tram, taxi or ~30min walk.
No fitness room and the swimming pool is outdoor and small.
I had lunch there in one of the days, and it is no recommended standard food and standard quality.
bottom line: average in everything

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank T M
Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your responses concerning your stay at our hotel. The advantage not to be located in the City Center is, that we can easily be found without loosing time in the traffic jam of downtown. Teh center can be reached in 20 minutes walking or by a tram which ist stopping just 100 meters from the hotel. Taxi would cost 6-7 Euros one way. We regret, that you did not like our food offers and would appriciate if you could tell us, what exactly you would expect to get.
Jihlava, Czech Republic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I spent one night in this hotel only because it is near to SAP Arena, where was world boxing match. At first I had some trouble to find parking entrance. After second try I found out parking lot was free of charge but almost full. After fast check-in i found out wi-fi was not working and after front desk call I was told to go down. Front desk nasty girl told me to make a call to some support line a refuse to do it herself. Bathroom was dirty!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dzordzdzordz
Dear Guest,
thank you ver much for chosing our hotel for joining an event at the SAP-Arena. We are very sorry, that you experienced some inconviniences. Of cours we checked immedaitely why the Wifi did not work and solved the problem. Also the procedures of cleaning the batromm have been revised and trained to avoid a lack of creanliness in the future.
Best ragards
Park Inn by Radisson Mannheim

Travellers are raving about these Mannheim hotels

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here on business recently and didn't particularly enjoy the experiance as follows;

First they couldn't find my reservation, which they eventually did.

On checking in my credit card was subject to a security check by the issuer, simple to deal with all the recptionist had to do was phone the number printed on the receipt as it asked her to to. She refused saying she was too busy, which she wasn't...what a great welcome having been travelling for 8 hours. I used another card, phoned the number myself and my card was working again staright away.

The first room I was given was too hot, around 27 degrees as the thermostat seemed to have failed. My word wasn't enough so I had to wait while someone came up to check that it was indeed too hot! The 2nd room allocated was a smoking room, which smelt dreadfully. Finally the 3rd room, which was ok.

It was now 10pm and I was hungry and thirsty - a warm welcome was found in the hotel bar - good, friendly attentive staff unlike reception.

The water was only luke warm in the morning (both mornings in fact). Yes they admitted they had a problem but a colleague of mine sufferd the same problem the previous week.

On check out, I handed over my key and card wallet with the room number on it, written by the reception team. Unusually, I was just asked for my credit card, no "can you check your bill please sir".
Once payment was processed I was handed the room bill with the credit card receipt. On checking I found I'd been checked out of the wrong room and overcharged by around €50. No problem but we had to start the check out process again and refund the balance......however all the time it was made to seem my fault, unbelievable.

In my opinion this hotel is lacking good management, which in theory should be relatively easy to fix...but will it be done?

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MHGPD, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Mannheim, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear guest,
thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Mannheim. Unfortunately you experienced some inconveniences. We double checked with our employees the handling of credit cards to make sure, that all procedures are clearly understood. Also the heating device has been checked and readjusted. Our hot water supply had a malfunction, which we fixed in the meantime. Unfortunately this took a few days, because the sparepart wasn't immediately available.
We would be very happy to welcome you on your next trip to Mannheim to convince you with the standard of our services.

The Management
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here for business so to be fair, all I wanted was a functional, workaday hotel which is, by and large, what I got. Location is a somewhat out of town although handy for the Luisenpark. Tram stops nearby or 20 minute brisk walk into centre. Rooms OK, breakfast OK, nothing particularly memorable but there is something objectionable: wifi charges.

Even budget hotels offer free wifi, so why on earth a big chain persists in fleecing customers, and meanly offers a timed 30 minute free session on only two accessible pcs in the windy, noisy outer lobby is beyond me - and beneath them. Just thinking about it pulled my rating down to Average.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear Mr. Herring,
thank you very much for taking the time to publish your experiences during your stay.
Starting on January this year we are offering all of our hotel guests standard wifi free of charge.
For the demand of a very fast connection there is the option to book a high speed access, which allows a comfortable up- and download of very big files in an extremely short and secure way.

The Management