Golden Leaf Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe
Ranked #118 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Traveled with two children. The hotel is nice, cozy room, great maid service, a hearty breakfast. In room internet, good TV, we can see their photos and video recordings from the camera.The car parked right outside the hotel for free. The hotel is next to the motorway, so it is very convenient to travel in any direction.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed in the hotel 24hrs now, and feel I can give an accurate accounting of it. I stayed Sunday to Monday. The hotel is nice enough, very basic and priced accordingly. It is located inside a business park, so I assume most of their customers come here for business. It is just far enough away from the airport that a cab is required. Much too far to walk; Cab cost 15e. Internet access costs an additional 3e a day, and I found that although I never lost my connection to their network, I kept losing my ability to reach the internet. This cost me a lot of time.
The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and area IS safe, although it is very quiet with very few people on the street at anytime. I walked around the area twice, in the afternoon and in the evening. I never was concerned for my safety. The train is a very short walk and the hotel offers a 3 day discount travel pass (which I did not need) The hotel resturant was pretty nice concidering this is a small hotel, the prices are reasonable. The prices of items in the minbar are also reasonable. No pool; no A/C and nothing to do nearby on the weekends. My trip was near the end of July, so my room was very warm and I will not stay here again in the summer if I cannot get a room with A/C. This hotel should be considered if you cannot get a hotel room in the city or at the airport. So if you need a clean place to eat & sleep after working in this area, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was clean and tidy but a little basic. Bed was average. Location was ok, not too far from the train station (about 5 minutes walk). I'd probably stay in Stuttgart city center next time. All in all it was ok and I've stayed in hotels that are a lot worse for a lot more money.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Neil_Hanvey
Reviewed 17 May 2013

A clean and nice hotel in an industrial area. We booked this hotel by mistake, as we thought it was located in walking distance from the airport, which is not the case. It is 5-10 min drive (app. 20 EUR) by taxi to the airport. Eventhough it was clean and with a friendly staff, I would not book the hotel another time. For business purpose it is too far from the airport, and for private traveling it is an uncharming neighborhood but still relatively pricy.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank StineRonholt
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This hotel was advertised as a 4 star hotel but when I got there, it was really a 2 star hotel. It's located in a sketchy location that looks unsafe. The nearest store is over a quarter of a mile away and not easy to walk to. Most of the staff do speak English but it's hard to communicate with the ones that don't. The rooms looked awful because the carpet was stained and the furniture was cheap. This is false advertising.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed here for 3 nites,for easy access to airport for early AM flight.
There's a Underground train across the street,for getting around Stuttgart.
However we used cabs,and went to main train staion for day trips outside Stuttgart.
Clean nice comfy,room,with great breakfast bar.T.V.,and available WiFi.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I was visiting on business attending an exhibition, having previously booked a budget hotel I decided that I wanted something with more comfort and style. This Hotel has nothing to offer, it is very run down, dated 1990's decor, understaffed, broken bed in my room, extremely uncomfortable bed, German only SAT TV, room view is to look straight at a wall. They couldn't offer an iron and ironing board. We asked for a nice place to eat and drink and we were advised to go into Stuttgart centre where we would find plenty of bars and clubs. Well everything was shut all except a couple of student bars. We found a place the 2nd night which wasn't a bad place to eat but again, no trendy wine bars to unwind with like minded business people. Stuttgart is grim and so was our Hotel, I would not go back if you paid me.

• Stayed: October 2012