“Super comfy bed and very helpful and friendly staff”

Golden Leaf Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe
Ranked #117 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Woking, United Kingdom
“Super comfy bed and very helpful and friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Located about 10 min by taxi from the airport it' s not exactly a cosy surrounding but the very nice and helpful staff made me feel very welcome once inside the hotel. Rooms are fairly small but functional, bed is super comfy and big and bathroom has a tub. Decor of hotel could do with modernising. I was moderating a training and we were given a huge room and the service provided
by the team was fabulous. They really looked after me and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Very close to autobahn, so don't expect a super quiet night. Perhaps asking for quiet room will...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Turkish first
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2014

They advertise themselves as a business hotel. I've been traveling for business for 25 years and the only businessmen who would stay here are encyclopedia salesmen. Yes, they truthfully state they are between the airport and the messe. They are in the cornfield between the airport and the messe, at the end of a dead-end street in a VERY industrial district with not a restaurant in sight. While the sheets and shower were clean, the carpet was so stained you couldn't tell what color it had originally been, the cleaning staff did not replace our glasses and coffee cups after the first night and there was trash under one bed from a previous occupant. When I brought up the cleanliness/location issue with the desk staff, they simply informed me my reservation for the second night could not be cancelled (and, to be fair, they were right) but never made the slightest attempt to offer me any amenities to make my stay more pleasant. The only thing I can say is the price was somewhat reasonable for what you got. But what you got was not what they advertised.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Superbrickmom

Travellers are raving about these Stuttgart hotels

Darmstadt, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at the Golden Leaf on two different occasions while on business in Stuttgart. Both times the rooms were booked at the last minute because my preferred hotel was booked solid. The rooms are clean and comfortable but the wi-fi connection in the rooms is expensive (€9/$12 a day) and not at all reliable. I stayed in two different areas of the hotel and both times the wi-fi was ridiculously unreliable. I was barely able to check my email without losing the internet connection. I conduct business while I'm traveling and a decent internet connection is vital. How expensive could it be to install a decent router and a few wi-fi boosters throughout the hotel? If you don't require a wi-fi connection (can't imagine anyone who doesn't in 2014) this hotel will meet your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Horrible WIFI that you have to pay for, the shower water temperature control has a mind of it's own, the front desk staff in the morning were less than helpful. I asked for a copy of the bill and was told that I couldn't get it because the room was prepaid for by Orbitz. I don't know who made my reservation, and I don't know who paid for it, but I doubt that they used Orbitz. when I asked to use the "free lobby WIFI" to check my flight schedule, I was told that since I had already checked out, I was no longer a guest and they would not let me use the "free lobby WIFI". Location is sketchy, room was very basic and small. There was a place for me to put my suitcase, but when I opened it I couldn't walk past it without either climbing over the bad or smashing my knee into the suitcase.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room in this place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank traveling_fiber_guy
Stuttgart
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Traveled with two children. The hotel is nice, cozy room, great maid service, a hearty breakfast. In room internet, good TV, we can see their photos and video recordings from the camera.The car parked right outside the hotel for free. The hotel is next to the motorway, so it is very convenient to travel in any direction.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Fairport, New York
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed in the hotel 24hrs now, and feel I can give an accurate accounting of it. I stayed Sunday to Monday. The hotel is nice enough, very basic and priced accordingly. It is located inside a business park, so I assume most of their customers come here for business. It is just far enough away from the airport that a cab is required. Much too far to walk; Cab cost 15e. Internet access costs an additional 3e a day, and I found that although I never lost my connection to their network, I kept losing my ability to reach the internet. This cost me a lot of time.
The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and area IS safe, although it is very quiet with very few people on the street at anytime. I walked around the area twice, in the afternoon and in the evening. I never was concerned for my safety. The train is a very short walk and the hotel offers a 3 day discount travel pass (which I did not need) The hotel resturant was pretty nice concidering this is a small hotel, the prices are reasonable. The prices of items in the minbar are also reasonable. No pool; no A/C and nothing to do nearby on the weekends. My trip was near the end of July, so my room was very warm and I will not stay here again in the summer if I cannot get a room with A/C. This hotel should be considered if you cannot get a hotel room in the city or at the airport. So if you need a clean place to eat & sleep after working in this area, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael G
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

The hotel room was clean and tidy but a little basic. Bed was average. Location was ok, not too far from the train station (about 5 minutes walk). I'd probably stay in Stuttgart city center next time. All in all it was ok and I've stayed in hotels that are a lot worse for a lot more money.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Neil_Hanvey
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuttgart
Ibis Stuttgart Airport Messe
#48 of 146 in Stuttgart
Dorint Airport-Hotel Stuttgart
Dorint Airport-Hotel Stuttgart
#3 of 15 in Leinfelden-Echterdingen

Been to Golden Leaf Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe? Share your experiences!