“good hotel for 1-2 nights”

Golden Leaf Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe
Ranked #110 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Lisbon, Portugal
“good hotel for 1-2 nights”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel in the beginning of July. It is nothing special in terms of design and it's quite old. However, if you stay for a short period, it is perfectly fine. The hotel is close to the airport (even by public transportation it only took us around 20 minutes) and also the distance from the centre is quite ok with about 30 min by metro that stops just around the corner. The WiFi was a bit bad but as we went there for leisure we didn't need it that much (pay attention that you have to pay for it unless you take breakfast in the hotel).
The breakfast was expensive but very good and exceeded our expectations. All in all, we can recommend the hotel for short stays and if you don't need a lot of luxury.

Room Tip: A room away from the highway, our room was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Arizona
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I spent one night in this hotel. We choose it because it was close to the Stuttgart airport and we had a very early departure flight the next morning. The hotel was clean and comfortable, but needs some updating. It is located in a mostly commercial and business area, but there is a nice trail for walking through a forest area near the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Autobahn
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Located about 10 min by taxi from the airport it' s not exactly a cosy surrounding but the very nice and helpful staff made me feel very welcome once inside the hotel. Rooms are fairly small but functional, bed is super comfy and big and bathroom has a tub. Decor of hotel could do with modernising. I was moderating a training and we were given a huge room and the service provided
by the team was fabulous. They really looked after me and nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Very close to autobahn, so don't expect a super quiet night. Perhaps asking for quiet room will...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed 3 June 2014

They advertise themselves as a business hotel. I've been traveling for business for 25 years and the only businessmen who would stay here are encyclopedia salesmen. Yes, they truthfully state they are between the airport and the messe. They are in the cornfield between the airport and the messe, at the end of a dead-end street in a VERY industrial district with not a restaurant in sight. While the sheets and shower were clean, the carpet was so stained you couldn't tell what color it had originally been, the cleaning staff did not replace our glasses and coffee cups after the first night and there was trash under one bed from a previous occupant. When I brought up the cleanliness/location issue with the desk staff, they simply informed me my reservation for the second night could not be cancelled (and, to be fair, they were right) but never made the slightest attempt to offer me any amenities to make my stay more pleasant. The only thing I can say is the price was somewhat reasonable for what you got. But what you got was not what they advertised.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Superbrickmom

Travellers are raving about these Stuttgart hotels

Darmstadt, Germany
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I've stayed at the Golden Leaf on two different occasions while on business in Stuttgart. Both times the rooms were booked at the last minute because my preferred hotel was booked solid. The rooms are clean and comfortable but the wi-fi connection in the rooms is expensive (€9/$12 a day) and not at all reliable. I stayed in two different areas of the hotel and both times the wi-fi was ridiculously unreliable. I was barely able to check my email without losing the internet connection. I conduct business while I'm traveling and a decent internet connection is vital. How expensive could it be to install a decent router and a few wi-fi boosters throughout the hotel? If you don't require a wi-fi connection (can't imagine anyone who doesn't in 2014) this hotel will meet your needs.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Horrible WIFI that you have to pay for, the shower water temperature control has a mind of it's own, the front desk staff in the morning were less than helpful. I asked for a copy of the bill and was told that I couldn't get it because the room was prepaid for by Orbitz. I don't know who made my reservation, and I don't know who paid for it, but I doubt that they used Orbitz. when I asked to use the "free lobby WIFI" to check my flight schedule, I was told that since I had already checked out, I was no longer a guest and they would not let me use the "free lobby WIFI". Location is sketchy, room was very basic and small. There was a place for me to put my suitcase, but when I opened it I couldn't walk past it without either climbing over the bad or smashing my knee into the suitcase.

Room Tip: I don't know if there is a good room in this place.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank traveling_fiber_guy
Stuttgart
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Traveled with two children. The hotel is nice, cozy room, great maid service, a hearty breakfast. In room internet, good TV, we can see their photos and video recordings from the camera.The car parked right outside the hotel for free. The hotel is next to the motorway, so it is very convenient to travel in any direction.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuttgart
Star Inn Hotel Stuttgart Airport-Messe, by Comfort
Filder-Post-Hotel
Filder-Post-Hotel
#45 of 146 in Stuttgart
Ibis Budget Stuttgart City Nord

Been to Golden Leaf Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe? Share your experiences!