“Simple room, nice location, but watch your head!”
Review of Xenia Hotel

Xenia Hotel
Xenia Hotel
Ranked #112 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Montgomery, Alabama
“Simple room, nice location, but watch your head!”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

This hotel is operated by a very nice, Greek family. The son is the only one who speaks much English, but if we needed something when he wasn't around we could find ways of communicating with his parents. The room was sparse, but comfortable. I didn't hear any other guests or the street. The worst part was that the tv was on a stand above the table at head hight. Within 5 minutes of being in the room I hit my head on it, the first of several times. There was no way to adjust it to make it safer. About a foot from the tv stand hung the light. My husband hit his head on it several times. The hotel is in a residential area, but right next to the Schwabstrasse S-bahn stop so it was only 2 stops to downtown, 3 to the main train station. Very convenient to downtown without the downtown prices. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WIWanderers

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Havana, Cuba
Reviewed 3 November 2011

The hotel Xenia is a nice 3 star family hotel in a residential area operated from the owners. I have stayed a couple of times there and I was very satisfied with everything. The owners, an older Greek pair, are very friendly and have reminded me of my stays in Greece during the summer. The breakfast is everyday fresh, the older lady has arranged to make it extra for me, with fresh bread from the bakery near the hotel (obviously there were not that many guests at that times).I loved the rooms, which are spacious (something not typical for a 3 star hotel), with great bathroom and always very clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone but especially to families, which are travelling on a budget and would like a good and fast connection to the city center, through the S-Bahn Station Schwabstraße is directly 500 meters down the street, near the hotel( So far I remember it took me about 5-10 minutes to the Central train Station).

All in All, give this hotel a try, if you want to avoid the very center of Stuttgart and want something authentic, but if you are planning to stay there for several days, you could try to negotiate directly with the owners, and who knows, maybe you have luck !!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Northern California
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The tourist bureau directed us to this hotel as a place with parking for our small rental car. When we arrived, they told us to park in the extremely narrow alley between the hotel and its fence. I tried several times to squeeze into this alley. There was at most an inch or two on either side of the car and I was in danger of scrapping it on the wall or fence. Once parked, there would be no possibility of opening a door to get out. We gave up and told the propietor that we could not stay there because there was nowhere to park. He said that he would need to charge us for the night. After some debate he offered us a place in the nearby underground parking. This had been available all along! It amazes me why they chose to put us through this ordeal.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Stuttgart hotels

essen
Reviewed 18 July 2009

The hotel Xenia is really great. From a greek family, it has a cozy atmosphere, great rooms, really light and big. The breakfast is good and a good value for money.
I recommend it!