Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Sue D
Melbourne, Australia

Affordable luxury

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 13 Apr 2019
Located opposite the main train station, Hauptbahnhof, this hotel is centrally located and enables you to visit the places of interest either on foot or by train. The hotel has a welcoming feel to it – really tested this on our arrival after some delays in the station itself which is undergoing a major reconstruction at present. We were cold and hungry and our room was not ready, despite my husband informing them of our arrival time several weeks beforehand. So we had a snack and a drink in the bar/lounge to refresh and kill some time. It still took more than an hour but when we finally got our room, we were not disappointed. We booked a large deluxe room which had loads of space, decorated in an elegant, neutral palette with a dash of raspberry in one of the chairs. Very comfortable bed with duvets available in lighter and warmer weights. Very large bathroom with separate shower and bath, and two different kinds of shower heads – both terrific. Plenty of hot water and water pressure. Rooms were serviced and maintained to a high standard. The breakfast restaurant was pleasant to be in with large windows on two sides. More importantly, the breakfast choices were excellent – full breakfast buffet as well as cooked to order. The staff were always very pleasant and helpful. There are 3 other restaurants serving dinner or lunch/dinner, but we didn’t try them. The room service is good, and whilst fairly compact in terms of choices, they were amenable to modifying the menu to suit.

Date of stay: April 2019
Responded 17 Apr 2019
Dear Suzanne D.,
thank you so much for your outstanding feedback!
It is a great pleasure for us to hear that you experienced an unforgettable time at our hotel.
Your compliments according to our team and our outlets like the breakfast, room service and bar we highly appreciate.
We apologize for the waiting time during your arrival. Please rest assured that we always do our utmost to offer our guests a room as soon as possbile. Unfortunately we are always dependant on several factors like how early former guests are checking out for example. The more we are happy to hear that we were able to delight you during the rest of your stay.
It would be great to welcoming you back during your next visit to Stuttgart.
With best regards
0.6 miles from Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Stuttgart
2,579 results
All reviews junior suite central location per day railway station germany
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2019

I stayed at this hotel because I had used it before when I came to Stuttgart on business and it was very nice indeed - large room king size bed and well appointed. When I returned I brought my wife with me but was disappointed when I found my room had 2 twin beds about 14" apart. I called down to change the room but apparently nothing else was available. Not happy about it and completely unsatisfactory.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Graf_Zeppelin, Personal Assistant to the General Manager at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Dear Traveler67213051306,

Thank you very much for staying with us and also for your honest feedback.

For your satisfaction is our number one priority we regret that you had inconveniences due to the bed type. Of course we love to assign the right bed type for you upon availability and therefore we are also not happy with the situation.
To satisfy you in the future it would be highly appreciated, if you could let us know your preferences before arrival day.

We really hope, that you give us one more chance to provide the service power you already know from us and are more than happy to assist you at anytime.

All the best from Stuttgart

Reviewed 7 April 2019

This is a really pleasant hotel just opposite the main station, making it an easy place to arrive at and a central place to explore the city. The room was comfortable clean and spacious and the staff were really nice and helpful. I will certainly stay here again next time I am in this city. I didn't give 5 * review because ''tis vas just very good not extraordinarily good

2  Thank sfhmgusa
Graf_Zeppelin, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Dear esteemed guest,
thank you for sharing your kind feedback with us!
It is a pleasure to hear that you spent a memorable time in Stuttgart and especially benefitted from our central location. Your compliment according to our team we will forward to all departments.
We hope to welcoming you back for the extraordinary experience you expected and we aim to guarantee to all of our guests and remain in the meantime
with best regards

Reviewed 3 April 2019

I left my wallet with the hotel and called them to check. First they told me they could not find it. Only after I told them I need to report this to police, they miraculously found it.

As there are some important IDs in it, I told them to send it back using the faster method available and I will pay for all expenses (even send them an authorization form for the charges). Not sure if they do not understand me or what but they send using a method that will take 3 weeks to arrived when there are faster services that took 5 days.

There are also other issues that I will not highlight in this review but overall service is NON EXISTENCE!!!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank bartman76
Graf_Zeppelin, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2019

Dear Mr. bartman76,

Thank you very much for choosing Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin and for taking the time to provide your feedback.

We deeply regret the miscommunication regarding the ID. We understand, that this situation is frustrating for you. Please be assured that this is not part of our high level standard.

We apologize for the not meet expectations and hope you will give us another chance, to prove our strength in service quality.

Best regards

Reviewed 2 April 2019

I loved this hotel.
Located directly across from the Hauptbahnhof, the hotel is ultra modern and elegant. I stayed in a deluxe room which was more of a suite really with an additional seating area with work desk, & a walk-in closet with safe. Flat-screen TV, Stereo/CD player & mini bar in the seating area, & another Flat-screen TV in the bedroom area. Lovely comfortable bed, & the bathroom was also very nice.
But what amazed me the most was the sound-proofing from the traffic; the hotel is on a junction of several 8 lane roads, and I absolutely couldn't hear a thing.
I wished I was there for a while longer but sadly I was only there for 2 nights.
Highly recommended!

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Bubbles73uk,
Thank you very much for this great response and for your stay.
It was a pleasure to have you here and we are more than happy, that our soundproofed windows, the spacious room and the facilities suited you well.
We would be grateful if you allow us to accommodate you soon again.
All the best from sunny Stuttgart

Reviewed 1 April 2019

Hotel is very nice.
Room was good, though bathroom was a little smelly.
The room could do with some tea/coffee facilities.
Shower is in the bath...probably expected better for such a nice hotel.
Service was very good, polite and very friendly.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GrandTour62468003081
Graf_Zeppelin, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2019

Dear esteemed guest,
thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall time with us.
Your compliment according to our team we highly appreciate.
Please rest assured that we will use your valuable feedback for future decisions as it is our aim to exceed our guests' expectations.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcoming you back soon to positively surprise you with an impeccable stay.
With best regards