“Convenient, good value, excellent breakfast”

IntercityHotel Stuttgart
Ranked #61 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 29 July 2011

As many have stated, the hotel is right at the main station. Room was clean and well appointed, bathroom in particular was very good with a smart modern shower.
The hotel is excellent value and the breakfast was better than many I have experienced in higher grade hotels. Plenty of fresh fruit, not the often seen dreaded tinned. A bonus was a free 24 hour pass on the city transport network, the Hotel is owned by the railway company.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 July 2011

The room is good, as the breakfast and the location, unless if you so not mind to stay in a smoking room. Unless it is considered a smoking free place, it is completely a smoking place. It seems that you are sleeping with a smoking person by your side. They probably do not have air freshener to clean the room or the walls smoke when you are out. Stayed there for business and I hope not be there anymore.

Room Tip: Try to find another place.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Resinha
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I stayed in this hotel for one night in Apr 2011 during my transit from Munich to Paris. When I made my reservation, I had only book a room for 2 adults. Later,after I have determined to travel with my two kids (1 and 3), I did not inform the hotel. When I arrived at the hotel, the hotel staff kindly gave me a room with a sofa bed such that both we can have more place to accomodate the kids. She was very professional and consideration. The hotel was clean and at an excellent location. Just next to the trainstation and 2 minutes walk to major shopping area, extremely convenient. The only area can be improved is that there is no water boiler in the room. For family like us having an infant, we need to go down to the reception to ask the staff to boil some hot water for us. Though they are ver helpful, it is quite inconvenient. The sound proof is very good, if the window is shut, it is very quiet notwithstanding the hotel locates just next to the main road. Nonetheless, this hotel is perfect for business or adult travelers.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2010

A good hotel actually at the main station. Whilst this may seem unusual all the rooms are sound proofed.
The hotel is very clean and tidy and the rooms well appointed for a three star hotel.

I would recommend and would return if I returned to Stuttgart

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2009

I've been quite spoiled over the last year, travelling most of the major cities in Europe and getting to stay in some nice 4* hotels and even the occasional 5* where I've been lucky enough to get a good deal. I've always prided myself on the good choices I made, until I picked the Inter City Hotel in Stuttgart. I picked the hotel because there wasn't much choice for Stuttgart on my company's travel web site, and it was near the station (actually in it) which was good as I was travelling by train.

However, the hotel was horrible. Reception staff were indifferent and checking in felt more like buying a rail ticket. When I asked to leave my bags on checkout, I was curtly told I had to use the lockers in the train station (at my own expense). The hotel itself is a mix of 1960's, 70's and 80's features (and don't think retro chic) but it seems to have stopped there, with aged, mouldy grout in the tiled bathrooms, massive old radiators in the rooms (no a/c) and white wallpaper that was dark grey with age and dirt in areas. The keys don't help with the "hotel that time forgot" impression, attached to a big slab of plastic so you have to hand them in at reception whenever you go out. Even the corridors with the room doors fitted proud into the corridors when they are closed give a feeling of the rooms being containers or something.

At least their was no noise from the train station (although I did have an amateur violinist 2 doors down). However, my room fronted onto the a busy main road, so from about 5:00am onwards I was kept awake by the sound of police or ambulance sirens about every 10-15 minutes (I'm not exaggerating).

In short, this is a very basic transit hotel with no charm and little in the way of comforts, and I'd recommend staying elsewhere even if it costs a bit more - I'd spent the beginning of the week staying in the 5* Le Meridien in Vienna for only 20 euros more.

On a final note, it took my a while to find the hotel as Google shows it on the wrong side of the train station. I was going to submit an amendment, but maybe not being able to find the hotel will be a blessing for future travellers to Stuttgart.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I arrived in Stuttgart by train and this was one of the reasons for booking this hotel. Found one entrance to the hotel actually just off the station concourse - very convenient. The main shopping area is right across the road and there is a very pretty park area and lake behind the hotel. Check-in was straightforward and all information given in good English. I had asked for a room on a high floor and that's exactly what I got although it was quite a distance from reception but with lifts and clearly marked corridors it was easy to find. The key set-up was a little confusing (a strange piece of plastic) but worked well when you discovered exactly how to use it. The advertise their rooms as burglar-proof and I can imagine that if you lock the room as directed this would be true. The room was large with modern and clean furniture and the bathroom was HUGE! I requested another pillow and one was brought within 5 minutes. Although right on the main street there was hardly any noise from traffic as the windows were well soundproofed.The mini-bar prices were very reasonable - much the same as in the bar. The breakfast was excellent - many and varied cold selections of meats, cheeses, fruit, juices, breads and pastries along with scrambled eggs, sausages, tomato and mini frickedellen. For avid tea drinkers the choice was amazing with herbal, fruit and various breakfast teas on offer. All in all a good choice and I recommend this for travellers wanting a good central location.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank BikerBear143
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Contrary to other reviews, I found this hotel very cosy. Situated right inside the main railway station and well connected to the other parts of the city (UBahn). The room is very moderately priced, extremely comfortable and spacious with big clean toilets. You would never feel any vibrations or sound though it's inside the station. The reception staff were extremely friendly and helpful. And moreover had no problem storing our luggage.
You have a food court serving everything in the main building. The Palace Square is just 5minutes walk. EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family