“Good hotel”

SI-Suites
Ranked #11 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

There are actually 2 hotels close to each other, this one is more of a long stay place.
The rooms are midway thorough a refit right now. Hotel is 4 towers, each room has a "kitchen" (no cook rings), balcony and are quite large. I stayed in a refitted room and an older room, both where fine. New rooms have powered USB ports for charging phones etc.
The room refit does start quite early and can be a little noisy.
Breakfast goes to 11am which is a bonus and is quite comphtehensive.
Theatres are close by, no show on in one but suspect it could be loud during show times due to proximity.
Generally a good place to rest ones head .

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Florida
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've been coming here every year for 4 years. Its a very nice homey hotel. I stay in the Exec suites and its just as nice as the regular rooms, only larger (has its own bedroom). I've been in the single rooms and i'd stay there just as well. The Staff is personable and super friendly. Breakfast is great albeit pricey. I really enjoy the comfortable bed and pillows. Hotel is very clean. Balcony is really nice to sit on. Hotel is in heart of german tourist area for Stuttgart with Broadway caliber musicals just next door.
Negatives: 1)Internet bandwidth is terrible. It used to be better. Even with the business connection its still bad. 2) No a/c in summer. Normally not a prob until its hot as it was this summer. 3) No good American TV. CNN is about it. 3)They used to have ESPN but its gone. No AFN. Fox is on one channel but only in living room. 4) No hot plates allowed for long term stays. I think they should change this. I come here for 4 months at a time. Only microwave and a elec water pot with very small cord. 5) Bath has glass "half-wall" which allows water to get on floor. It doesn't move (i've seen some that do move so you can enter easily. 6) Dont' try to drink a bier in the lobby bar area you brought from your room.....they will sell you one though!.........Still this is a great hotel and i wouldn't stay anywhere else because this is my home away from home.

Room Tip: I like B Haus but any room is good. Exec suites with Breakfast and internet is a must.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank action86
detroit, mi
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Clean, quiet and comfortable....all I could ask for. Not carrying a smart phone or computer with me, I asked to use a computer for Internet, and was told it would cost something like $10 for about 15 minutes at the business center. Crazy high cost, so I passed. My fault for not carrying an iPad or computer, but hotel could be like others and provide free use. This aside, hotel is quite nice. Oh....no gym or workout center, so another negative in my eyes. Good places to run, though.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
Reviewed 13 July 2013

I stayed at this hotel for six months straight. I can say that the staff was very helpful and spoke great English. However, the shows next door are extremely loud, the rooms don't have air conditioning, the hotel doesn't have a pool or a fitness facility, and the internet is extremely slow. The beds are twin sized and pushed together to make them full sized and the pillows are horrible. I would not stay here again, I know for a fact that there are better hotels in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank monroe909
SI-SUITES, Marketing at SI-Suites, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Because of your open minded behavior we are always able to improve our quality.
We regret that you didn´t contact us during your stay. It´s one of our strengths to satisfy our guests needs at point of service. Helpfulness and friendly appearance are an indispensable basic in our corporate culture. We are convinced that satisfying solutions for your problems could have been found.
At the reception we offer an assortment of different pillows. We are sure to find one to guarantee a healthy and restorative sleep for you. It would have been possible to move to another more quiet part of the hotel. Closed windows over the entrance also guarantee a silent atmosphere during your stay. Our nature view windows with direct balcony/terrace access will still ensure the possibility to air the room.
We offer special conditions from our partners to our guests. This includes a very special gym and wellness opportunity as well as some attractive salaries inside the SI-Centre.
We would like to emphasize that we always try to reach a high level of satisfaction for our guests. On our point of service we are looking forward to offering a complete package to our guests.

Yours sincerely team of the SI-SUITES
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have slept there a couple of nights with my girlfriend in October 2012.
Our room was really big and had a kitchen + living room with couches and a table, we could manually adjust the heating and last but not least breakfast was A-MA-ZING!

Anything you would like to eat, they have it and tastes great. We're a bit of sissies when it comes to breakfast but we really could not complain with the SI SUITES one.

We were happy with everything, except one thing:
You have to get OUT the building to go the breakfast's building or to the schwaben quellen (depends on where your room is I guess).

Anyway, I would definitely go back there again.

Room Tip: When booking your room make sure you ask if it's located in the "breakfast building"...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mbiccheri
Samntha
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The suites really are 'suites' here! There were 2 bathrooms and the room even had a large dining room table with 6 chairs! The hotel was perfect for a family of 4. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. While the apartments are nice and modern, the location is not very central. There is a train station close to the hotel but the trains are packed during festivals!! In fact, we had to get off the train and hunt down a cab (which cost us an extra 20 EURO). We didn't try the restaurant or bar so I cannot comment on those. There is an Irish pub across the street that served great food (yummy fish & chips w/cole slaw). They also had live entertainment and we enjoyed the atmosphere. There were other several eateries across the street. There is a movie theatre right next door too but I don't know if movies are shown in English. Entering the hotel can also be VERY confusing! I kept turning around and around because my GPS didn't even know where to go! Parking is convenient underneath but can be very expensive if staying for longer periods of time.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

No complaints. The breakfast is above average and there is a great deal of variety. The service is excellent and the area is perfect for business visitors. The bedding and the size of the beds were better than I imagined. Everything was above average and they have washers and dryers. A top notch stay!

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business