“Family Weekend with Style”

Le Meridien Stuttgart
Ranked #4 of 147 Hotels in Stuttgart
“Family Weekend with Style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Short trip to Germany for one night, decided to treat ourselves to a nice hotel in Stuttgart. Booked over the phone, got 2 rooms next to eachother and parking at half price. Dog 25.- Euro extra. Very friendly staff. Located on a major street with lot's of traffic, but just across the "Schlossgarten" (large park) and walking distance to city center with main shopping street. Small but nice Spa (with pool). Breakfast buffet one of the best I have recently seen. Our rooms were facing the small garden, the ones on the street side would probably be very loud, if you like to sleep with the window open. The rooms are rather small but very clean and upper class quality. Very comfortable beds. No free Wifi in the rooms (in the lobby yes).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear ”Galeazzi”

Thank you very much for posting your review about Le Meridien Stuttgart on Tripadvisor.
We were delight to read that you decide to treat yourself and your family with staying at our hotel. It was our pleasure being our host in Stuttgart and we all are happy that you had a good time and found all our services ti your satisfaction.

Dear ”Galeazzi”, we do hope to welcome you and your family back to Le Meridien Stuttgart in the near future.

We wish you a Happy Easter.

Best regards,

Guest Relation Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Shanghai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I had to book the Le Meridien in Stuttgart only because during the period of my travel there were few vacancies: the city was invaded by a enormous Chinese delegation touring Germany during the visit of China's president. Chinese had colonized the city for that week. I travel often to Stuttgart for business and I use another hotel with which I am very happy with its price/value offer.
The rate I secured on the hotel's internet site was quite high (Euro 240) not including breakfast and only internet (luckily, because the rates are outrageous). The day will come when hotels will realize they cannot extort money to their customers for something that is just as necessary as water or electricity. Please, don't book hotels that do not include internet!
As soon the taxi arrived a porter took care of my many suitcases and that was very welcomed.
When I checked in (it was around noon) I was told that the room was not ready and had to wait one or two hours!!! After a 20 hours intercontinental travel, this is something nobody wants to hear. I moderately complained because I would understand if it is 8am and rooms are still being vacated... but noon?
The staff were kind enough and I was assigned the room after just 10 minutes. But the unpleasant feeling remained.
The room was nice but small. It faced the heavily trafficked Willy-Brandt Strasse but the windows had twin double glass and the noise of the vehicles was barely audible. Good.
The bathroom is nice but has poor or none ventilation. After a shower, seemed like a sauna. The door tended to close (intentionally?) and to assure that the bathroom dried up I had to block it with the complimentary weight scale.
There is a swinging glass on the bathtub that should have prevented the water to leak on the floor. Instead it seemed its function was to funnel the water just out. After every shower I had to wipe the floor. Inconvenient and dangerous situation.
The bed is comfortable but the duvet was too hot. Normal procedure: use the duvet case as linen after having removed the duvet.
The Chinese delegation was noisy, screaming in their rooms late at night and yelling at each other at dawn through the very long corridors of the hotel, making sure that all guests could hear them. Not the hotel's fault but didn't help sleeping while adjusting with the jet-lag.
The breakfast was very fine with me. Fresh fruits, yogurt, cereals, pastries, coffee all of my liking. But the area was not sufficient to accommodate all guest and a couple of times I had to wait for some guests to leave the table and for the waiters to clean and set up the table.
While the location is quite good near a subway (U-Bahn) stop and the main train station (still not convenient to walk from there to the hotel unless you have gym shoes and light luggage), the surrounding is very poor. The train station is a huge construction site, the walkways in the park in front of the hotel covered in gravel. When I left I took a taxi to the train station and the taxi driver got really upset because of the short (but not cheap) ride and the many luggage. Be ready to fight back.
Although nothing was really a major inconvenience, I will never go back to this hotel. Really, I don't see the price matching the value.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room far from the elevators and at the end of the long corridors.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear “Guggo“,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments posted on Tripadvisor following your recent stay at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We were delight to read that our porter made you feel welcome by the time you arrived at the hotel that you enjoy our breakfast buffet and our great location.
Please accept our apologies for not having met your expectations in checking you in at noon. We do understand that after 20 hours intercontinental travel nobody wants to hear that the room is not ready upon arrival. I was happy to read that our front office associate was still able to check you in before 3pm although you had to wait a little bit.

Dear “Guggo“, in case you change your mind and return to Le Meridien Stuttgart a warm welcome is waiting for you.

Best regards

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Snagged a fabulous rate (including breakfast) of €117.54/night from a third-party site. When checking in, the rate at the hotel for my room was posted as over €300/night – not sure if breakfast was included for that rate. One thing that is not included is the internet at an outrageous €14/24 hours when most 3* hotels give it away for free. Nonetheless it worked flawlessly.

The room had a king bed and was more than sufficient for a single traveler. Both the room and bath were sparkling clean and included the expected bath amenities, two robes, a mini bar, and a safe. There is also a fold down ironing board which I think works as a pants/trousers press (I didn’t try it)

The shower though has one of my pet peeves – there are no anti-skid strips or mat. Water plus soap makes for a very slippery surface you stand on. I can’t begin to count how many other 4 and 5* hotels have the same safety hazard. It seems that whoever designs these bathrooms has no common sense for safety. All they care about is how nice it looks (which it does!).

Although my tariff included breakfast, separately is it priced at around €26, which is a little on the high end. The offerings are pretty standard for buffets. However many of the items in steam trays were almost cold (the baked beans) to just luke warm (sausages, mushrooms). The decaffeinated coffee came reasonably hot though. The layout of the buffet in my opinion is a little awkward, with many of the “stations” (e.g., yogurt and fruit) in different areas that seemed hidden unless you really looked for them. I don’t recall seeing any danish or coffee cakes, etc., among the offerings.

One thing the hotel has going for it is location – about 2 blocks from the Hauptbahnhof/main train station and the Königstrasse pedestrian walkway. However.....I walk with a cane/stick and the underground path from the station through the Schlossgarten to the hotel is terrible – loaded with cobblestones (terrible on rollaways), and the steep winding ramp without any lift available to get to the street level was a challenge to negotiate for a partially disabled person with luggage and using a cane. I had a taxi take me back to the train station the next morning after checking out and going about two-three blocks cost €6,50.

The desk staff was helpful and the check-in, even at about 10am (10:00), was fast and I was able to proceed to my room. I stay at quite a few 5* hotels and almost all have at least some minor fault which could be overlooked. If I had not gotten the fabulous rate that I did, I think that I might look for a less expensive hotel for a one night stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear “DrHumbug“

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback following your stay here at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We always strive to ensure that every guest has an enjoyable stay and naturally we feel sorry if this was not the case. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure every guest has an enjoyable stay. Your feedback has been share with the head of departments and we can assure you that we are currently looking into improvement opportunities together.

Dear “DrHumbug“, it would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Le Meridien Stuttgart.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Excellent Personell, Good Location near Train Station, Restaurant and Shopping Area in Stuttgart. It has very Good Underground Parking Area. Mercedes Benz and Porsche Museuem are at 15 to 20 minutes drive.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear “Reinaldo A“

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on Tripadvisor following your stay here at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

It was pleasing to discover that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. We were also delighted to see in particular to highlight our staff. Thank you for sharing your comments on this platform.

Dear “Reinaldo A“, once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Stuttgart.

Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I have been coming to Stuttgart very frequently and this place is my favorite. This is a perfect business hotel. Good location, perfect sleep, nice and spacious rooms. Hotel has multiple restaurants and all are quite good. They serve nice breakfast. Staff is well groomed and takes good care of guests. Hotel is situated very near to main station and downtown shopping area.

Room Tip: Preferable to take room on back side. Road side rooms are somewhat noisy at night.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SabrinaHubert, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Le Meridien Stuttgart, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear “YouSeeShah“,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to Le Meridien Stuttgart and also thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your most recent visit.

Dear “YouSeeShah“, we hope you will return home in the near future where a warm indigenous welcome awaits you.

Beijing, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

You get what you expect. A typical Le Meridien with practical rooms, good service... The location is close too the main train station and the parks. It is a good business hotel. High speed Internet is at a premium and not really highspeed.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the courtyard. Rooms facing the main street (front) are a it noisy
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear “YanXunLong“,

Thank you for taking the time to share you feedback on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and appreciated the hotel’s great location. Indeed we are close to the major tourist attractions and transportation links and we are thankful that you have shared your comments within this platform.

Dear “YanXunLong“, we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meridien Stuttgart.

Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

2 nights in March for a business trip.
Pleasant welcome and engaging staff- clear focus on quality.

Lobby has some weird proportions- but the layout of the entire hotel is a bit 'odd' - not sure about the architect's thinking- perhaps this was something other than a hotel originally. No big deal...just what I felt as I walked in and around the space. They wont be winning any design awards.

I liked:
General state of cleanliness and freshness of the hotel- extremely well kept.
Comfortably sized rooms and nice size TV.
Bathroom was also pleasant, well lit and had both space and all the amenities- a strong point.
The gym/pool/spa was good for getting some excercise/relaxing- also everything very well maintained.
Room was facing the back of the hotel rather than the road - no view but quiet.

I was less impressed with was the mattress quality- a bit thin and while acceptable- nothing special (Westin for example does better with this)- that said, the bed and bedding were perfectly good.

As mentioned by others, close to the train station and town center- def very good location esp if you like to walk a bit and discover Stuttgart on your way to work/meetings or to walk to local restaurants (train station area a bit dodgy at night, but the Police are present and patrolling).

Would return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear “LeDude13“,

Thank you very much for your review about your recent stay at Le Meridien Stuttgart.

We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and we were pleased to discover that we met your expectation. It was encouraging to see that our associates did positively contribute to your enjoyment and we will certainly share your kind comments with them. With regards to your comments about the mattress quality please be assured that we will look into improvement opportunities.

Dear “LeDude13“, thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to stay at Le Méridien Stuttgart and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.