Hotel Royal
Hotel Centro(Stuttgart)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I got a room in the bulding on the opposite side of the road but the room was great . well mantained and with a small sofa.
very clean. staff was very kind . u can walk anywhere in stuttgart and price was excellent

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

A very old-fashioned hotel that might be ok for 1 night if nothing else is available - regrettably I had to stay 3 nights.
First impressions: heavy keys instead of key cards, outdated decor in grass-green color in the corridor, equally tasteless brown bathroom tiles. More serious is the lack of any separation for the tub/shower, making total flooding of the bathroom floor unavoidable. That this happens all the time also becomes obvious from the loosening lamination on the very cheap board above the washbasin. It was reasonably clean, but one of the towels had an unpleasant smell.
My small single room felt stuffy which I could only regulate by opening the window, that invited small insects in.
A very narrow and not at all comfortable bed.
Free Wifi in the rooms worked for brief periods, but mostly slow and with very frequent server errors any time of day.

Continental breakfast o.k., but nothing special.
The serving staff + receptionists were very young and while friendly, lacked some essential knowledge.

One thing in favour of the Royal is its central location - easy walking distance to public transport (incl S-Bahn to main station and airport), shopping, etc
Sophienstrasse has no through traffic and I did not have any problems with noise. However the immediate surroundings seem to be on a downward trend (cheap takeaways/gambling places) plus a lot of drunks hanging around the nearby entrance to the subway station.

I really don't know what could justify 4-star rating for this hotel and was very happy to change hotels after 3 days at Royal (my favourite not being available earlier).

Room Tip: book a double even if travelling solo
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank uxj
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Well, I arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night, just as looking at the front I had a sentiment of mistake...
I got in and the front desk registered me, when she gave me the very very very old fashion, I knew it was a mistake. The hotel design is very very old, the room are very old equipped, not comfortable. The only good thing I found there, was the breakfast stuff that was very nice.... Never again...

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Had the misfortune to stay here during a business trip. It's a long time since i've stayed somewhere so unappealing. The avocoado bathroom suite and the dial telephone sum up the outdatedness of this hotel. My single room was really horrid. The walls are so thin you can hear everything in the room next door (and the one above) and the road outside is noisy. I attempted to sleep wearing my noise-cancelling headphones. Wasn't remotely tempted to eat here. It was clean enough, although carpet has seen better days (years?) and the location (apart from the noise) is convenient.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Royal is an average hotel in a really good position - hence the fourth star. I've stayed here several times, and my room has always been clean and comfortable. I've never had dinner here, but the breakfasts offers a nice selection. Positionally, it is a couple of hundred yards from Stadtmitte s-bahn station (on the underground line that comes from the airport), and is in easy walking distance from Koenigstrasse and all the city centre attractions. It's also just a few doors away from an Irish bar!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends