“excellent location”

Wyndham Stuttgart Airport Messe
Ranked #17 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The hotel is located just a few minutes walking distance from the airport exit, and just 2 minutes walking distance from the Messe (East Entry); all rooms have a bathtub and shower. My (large) room (nr. 153) was on the groundfloor, and sometimes I could hear people walking on the wooden floor in the room above, but otherwise it was a very quiet room. The room featured tea and coffee making facilities. The inhouse restaurant "Franke" was alright, but don't expect anything special. Checking-in and checking-out was quite fast, but make sure you are not in a hurry when more people want to check-out all at the same time. You have to pay extra for WiFi: I paid € 24 for 2 full days which I didn't mind, because I paid a very low rate for the room itself (without breakfast).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Carola S, Manager at Wyndham Stuttgart Airport Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear eelco2013,

thank you for your very good rating and the time you took to write the comment.

We appreciate that you liked the great location of our hotel as well as our rooms with the coffee and tea facility. Thank you for mentioning that our rooms are quiet. By having sound proofed windows our guests are not disturbed by airplane noise although we are just 200 m away from the airport.

Reservation Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here for two days in the month of February 2014; Had booked online well in advance ; rooms were good and clean ; reception desk was helpful ; very near to the airport and s-bhan station at a wakable distance ;but the good things end here ; there were two wi-fi ,one paid and other free free wi -fi or 1/2 hr ; was not even able to access my mail ; also was restricted only in the lobby ; the paid wi-fi was 5 Euro per day , not very sure ; rooms did have a mini- bar with some cold drinks but had a price list attached to each of them ; Since I stayed there only in the nights did nt have an opportunity to use the restaurant ,swimming pool or the gym , cannot comment on it ; hope they had it

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear vbrajesh,

thank you for your good rating and the time you took to write the comment.

We appreciate that you liked the great location of our hotel as well as the rooms. I will forward the positive feedback to our front desk staff.

We offer free internet access in our lobby, bar and restaurant. It is not time restricted anymore. In the rooms we charge an internet fee of EUR 15.00 for 24 hours.

We hope that next time you stay at our hotel, you will have the chance to visit our restaurant.

Reservation Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed two nights here, since all other hotels in Stuttgart were sold out. My room fee was 140 Euros excluding breakfast. Simply not worth the amount of money, the property is tired and needs urgent refurbishing. Unfortunately, not to be recommended.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Carola S, Manager at Wyndham Stuttgart Airport Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Sassy_Traveller_82,

thank you for your rating and the time you took to write the comment.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your room. Maybe you can send us the room number of the room you were in and we will double check the room again.

Our hotel was completely renovated in 2012 which includes rooms, lobby, restaurant and bar.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This hotel is 300 meters from the airport and 200 meters away from the exhibition halls.
Ideal if you are visting a tradeshow. Basic rooms, clean, good beds, coffee in the room.
Only it is very bad that you have to pay to get wifi ( € 15,00 for a day).
Breakfast is very good and with a large choice. Only as the hotel was fully booked there was at 19.00 hours no place anymore to have dinner in the hotel. First available tables at 21.30 hours, so we ended up in a restaurant at the airport but there the quality is not too good, also they were waiting till we finished to close the gates. So lesson from this, book your dinner time ahead in the hotel in the morning before you go to the exhibition.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John R
Carola S, Manager at Wyndham Stuttgart Airport Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear John R,

thank you very much for your rating and the time you took to write the comment.

We appreciate that you mentioned the great location of our hotel.

We offer free Wifi access for hotel guests in the lobby, restaurant and bar as well as one hour free in our business center. It is correct that we charge EUR 15.00 for Wifi access in the rooms.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed for 4 nights the week before and was disappointed in the service (or lack thereof), especially since Priceline lists it as a 4 star - yeah right! I loathed to come back but had left some suitcases and boxes there that I needed to retrieve before flying out. When I arrived there was only one guy working the desk - I had to lug 10 heavy boxes and suitcases around by myself while searching out my room since they don't have a bell hop. Currently I'm sitting in the restaurant going on 15 minutes now while I write this review and have not even had a single waiter or anyone else acknowledge me. I paid $260 and that doesn't include breakfast or wifi! My last stay the elevator broke and we had to lug our suitcases up the stairs. We notified the staff but they didn't care. I just flagged down a waiter (there are a lot of guests in the restaurant) and he told me they closed at 10:30 - not very helpful for a weary traveler to not be able to get any food! I'm done with this place.

• Stayed: February 2014
Carola S, Manager at Wyndham Stuttgart Airport Messe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear JustinS5,

thank you for your rating.

I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed about our service. I apologize that nobody has asked you if you would like to have something to drink or eat while the restaurant was still open.

It is correct that we do not have a bell boy. I hope you were able to take advantage of our luggage car to make the transport a bit easier. However, during peak times there should be more than one staff member at the front desk and they will be happy to assist.

We do hope that we can welcome you at our hotel again and that we can convince you about our good service.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'd recommend this hotel if you plan on flying into STR late or out of early. The hotel is across from the terminal which travellers can walk to and from.

The rooms are renovated and feature "seductive" artwork above the headboard. Otherwise the room, not sure which I was given but there was a lot of space between the bed and the window, is sparsely furnished which feels cleaner and doesn't date it so much. The floors are laminate in the rooms which add to a cleaner feel.

The internet is more than adequate. My partner was able to stream his entire football match with no buffering issues. I did not pay for WiFi as it was included with my Expedia rate. Otherwise the charge is €15 and only applicable to a single device.

The restaurant was packed the evening of arrival as well as breakfast the following morning. Guests were taking plates at the bar or at the sitting areas in the lobby. If you arrive early enough take dinner at the airport. The Burger King, better than USA, is open a bit past 21 and there were several travelers there past 20:55 and continuing to stop at BK. For breakfast the giftshop/sandwich shop on arrivals hall is rather good and more affordable than the hotel restaurant.

Water pressure was more than adequate. The tub is a bit high and remnant from the previous occupants (Movenpick) otherwise the bathroom is really clean and features Rituals products. The large rectangular tiles from floor to ceiling give the space a modern feel.

The fifth floor is nice and gives views of the surround area. I didn't hear the air traffic in the morning unless I opened the window. Just know that there is only one elevator so it can be a wait to get anywhere in the morning rush to check out.

Parking isn't free and should be paid at the hotel otherwise be ready for steep rates.

Room Tip: 5th floor away from elevators. I think I had 575
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear EliteStatus,

thank you very much for the good rating and the time you took to write the detailed comment.

We are pleased that you liked the style of our rooms and bathrooms.
Thank you for mentioning the great location of our hotel - only 200 m to walk to the terminal.
As we have sound proofed windows our guests are not disturbed by airplane noise.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

November 24, 2013:
BOOKING: I booked this hotel for its location and seemingly good price. A few drop down arrows online were stuck/greyed out so with this faulty system we used the phone to book the hotel for two single rooms, under two separate names for a special TOTAL rate 139euro. That still seemed clear on check in. On check out I was charged 278 euro! I had given myself plenty of time to check out because check in was so painfully slow. But despite agreements and explanations and without access to a manager (I had another 2 hours before needing to leave the hotel), there was simply no one around to refund me. I was told to write an email! Well, my first email (addressed to 3 managers) was never responded to. So I started calling weekly in December. None of my 3 calls were returned, as I had been promised AND one time I was put on hold until I couldn't hold the phone any longer. After three weeks, I wrote another email. 4 weeks after my stay I finally got a 'sorry we can't do anything or refund you' letter. So that lands me here, with my review and warning to others!

ACTUAL CHECK IN EXPERIENCE: With two persons the front desk upon check-in, it still took 20 minutes to get to the counter check in. Everyone around was annoyed and the front desk clerks were not at ease and moreover not apologetic.

CHECK OUT EXPERIENCE: With ONE person working the front desk at 5am there was again a line up as many flights leave early. I am glad I had a book with me, and I wasn't running late.

COMPUTER ROOM: Don't go unless you need a real blast from the past and don't mind dusty computers with viruses.

ROOMS: Good, big, quiet. Beautiful Bathrooms.

RESTAURANT EXPERIENCE: The service was average, but the food and drinks were excellent. What could be a sexy classy space was interrupted as a 4 year old child was running around the bar knocking things over and yelling with excitement, for most of the hour we sat there.

*Mostly pained by: I was over charged by DOUBLE despite their advertised special! And there is no recourse or consideration or return of this money after 2 months (not yet!)

Room Tip: Leave plenty of time for check in and check out. ALSO! Should you book a room there over the phone...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business