“Refined + German = great meal”
Review of Speisekammer West

Speisekammer West
Ranked #45 of 1,404 Restaurants in Stuttgart
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Sat at the bar, as the restaurant was so busy (a good sign). Service was excellent! Warning: menus only in German. Food was fantastic – beetroot spatzle, very tasty pork dumplings, cinnamon parfait, chocolate fondant…all cooked very well and won't break the bank. Highly recommend for a nice meal in Stuttgart.

1  Thank DrGoldpants
There are newer reviews for Speisekammer West

Reviewed 25 January 2014

We ate here last night and it was a great experience. Service was good and attentive.
We started with salads, my S.O. got the walnut and camembert salad, which he loved. I got the Albuffalo mozzerela with beets and balsamic, which was good.
For Hauptspeise my S.O got the Zweibelrostbraten, he says it is the best he has had, and this is a regular dish for him. I got the whole Forellen (trout) which was excellent and buttery with tasty butter potatoes. Yes, it was not fun cleaning the fish and intermittently biting into small bones, but the meat was great. We were too full to get dessert which was a shame because I was hoping for the creme brulee; next time!
The setting is calm and relaxing, tho some tables are a bit close. Our main courses took a bit long to come out, but luckily they were worth it. I love how everything here is local and that the menu changes frequently. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

The restaurant has the right concept. Short seasonal menu with local organic ingredients. Good selection of wines of the region. Their pumpkin soup and dessert was one of the best we have tried!

2  Thank Mamuka M
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for REAL local cuisine, prepared from local produce, and an über friendly and helpful staff, this place is perfect.

Located away from the hustle and bustle of the urban centre, on a quiet street a few blocks from the metro, yet less than 10 minutes from Schloßplatz. In fact we were staying in the other side of town and it took us less than 30 mins.

We are not German and don't speak a word, but our friendly hostess explained everything to us, and even made excellent recommendations.

Seasonal and local being the obvious theme, we started with the pumpkin soup (amazing) and for the main course the best sauerbraten ever plated and served. Add to that a great selection of local beers and wines, you'll be sure to find the perfect beverage pairing for your meal.

Total cost for two (starters, entrees, desert, beverages) came to €66, in our opinion underpriced for the quality and experience.

3  Thank aguamaul
Reviewed 11 August 2013

THis places specialises on food made from local produce. The menu is reassuringly short, so no doubt that the produce used is fresh. I would say that even picky eaters will fiend something they like here. Had the Zwiebelrostbraten (steak with onions and gravy) as my main. The meat was cooked to perfection and very tasty. The wine list offers an interesting selection of local whites and reds by the glass and by the bottle. The service was very friendly.

I have to admit that I was a bit sceptical about the ambience when I checked the place on the internet. On some of the photos the dining room comes across a bit canine like, which is not the case in reality. So, maybe worth considering putting some photos on the website that does the place more justice. Prices were reasonable, especially given the quality of the food.

All in all, we had a great evening.

1  Thank ZeGerman66