“Relaxed and FUN Wine Tour!”

Stuttgart Steps Tours
Ranked #4 of 16 Tours in Stuttgart
Arlington, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Relaxed and FUN Wine Tour!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Sarah developed a tour of the vineyards and "besens" surrounding Stuttgart which was fun, interesting, historical and social. She knew exactly where to go and had developed the perfect route through the best besens (basically vineyards' tasting room open houses - only open certain times of the year). It's a great tour because it included beautiful walks through the vineyard areas (public but not very well known apparently, judging by the lack of crowds) as well as a bit of history and a bit of wine tasting and food too. It was a great group the day I went - seemed the tour attracts people who like to socialize and be merry! Hats off to Sarah - it must have taken a lot of work to develop the perfect route with stops along the way at only the best locations! HIGHLY recommend!!

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Smitt88

Stuttgart, Germany
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Vineyard Wine Hike”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We had an amazing time on the vineyard wine hike with Stuttgart Steps! The tour leader was knowledgeable about both the history of the location and the wine. She was also friendly, organized, and flexible. I highly recommend this for anyone who wants to learn more about the Stuttgart wine region and taste some great wines!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank mcberra
Northville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable & Accommodating”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I contacted Sarah and expressed interest in her food & wine tour as well as her city walk tour. I also explained that I was on a tight schedule since I was in and out for business. She customized a tour that encompassed both historical landmarks and authentic Swabian cuisine and spirits. Sarah herself was very knowledgeable. From medieval history to WWII artifacts, she explained Stuttgart. She even referenced a few literary gems that I found interesting. When the tour was done she helped me navigate the SBahn system so I could return to my hotel on the outskirts of Stuttgart. I would certainly recommend this tour guide.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank Brittany C
Stuttgart, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Erlebnis!”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Travel by words through the history of Stuttgart. Learn interesting facts that (as an inhabitant of the city) you may walk over a daily basis without notice (How the children of Germany pay tribute to the victims of WWII right below your feet!). Witness a “transaction” in the Red Light District… Drink with the locals! This was the perfect tour to take my "history buff" father on whilst on a quick visit to the city. Sarah is very passionate and handled any question we threw at her. Well worth the money. In fact, I’ve done the tour three times! Definitely my “go to” event for any English speaking visitors.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank DoppioCafe
London, United Kingdom
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 146 helpful votes
“Entertaining and Informative!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a great tour for new visitors to Stuttgart and for those who have lived here for years and years. Informative and entertaining, Sarah (the tour guide) shines light on parts of Stuttgart that I was unaware even existed. I highly recommend this tour.

Visited November 2013