“Good inexpensive hotel in the vicinity of Stuttgart railway station.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Mack

Hotel Mack
Ranked #134 of 149 Hotels in Stuttgart
Peresvet
“Good inexpensive hotel in the vicinity of Stuttgart railway station.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

This inexpensive hotel is conveniently located close to the railway station, city center and main places of interest. Moreover it provides comfortable accommodation for reasonable price. More precisely, when I was looking for hotel for myself, they offered the cheapest option that met all my requirements - central location, close to bahnhof, breakfast included. They served tasty breakfast and the most remarkable thing for me during breakfast was local mineral water - Stuttgart is the capital of the Land Baden-Wuertemberg, famous for their mineral waters. The room we stayed was a small twin room with shared bathroom and were located on the upper floor. I didn`t experience any inconvenience because there were only two rooms on the upper floor and bathroom was clean and at our disposal almost all the time.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Roma, Italia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

I was very worried before getting there because I had read some bad reviews, but in the end it was better than expected.
It was not easy to find the hotel, but after asking a few helpful persons, I found it. I had to climb a long stairway to reach the hotel (and only later discovered an alternate way, uphill but with no stairs).
At the check-in the receptionist told me they would have to relocate me to another of their hotels, because the rooms in the basement were not ready yet (they were still building them..) However, after 15 minutes and a few phone calls, he told me I could stay there and gave me a room on the third floor.
I had a very nice view (the main station and some of the surrounding hills). The room was tiny and essential, but clean (which was most important to me!) The single bed was comfortable enough, there was a desk and a chair, a little tv, and a tiny closet. The ensuite bathroom was ok, clean and the hot water worked fine. I just would have needed more light near the mirror, but sill, I survived.
The choice at the breakfast buffet was not the best for me (I don't eat salty food in the morning!), but I saw other guests enjoying it. Still, I would have appreciated a wider choice of food.
The free wi-fi was working so so: I used it with my mobile phone, and I had to reconnect every 5 minutes, but it was better than nothing!
The best part of my stay was the location: it was a short walk to the main train station and the city center. At night it was safe (even though you have to pass through the "Klett Passage" where there are some drunk and homeless people, but they didn't bother me) and quite.
The negative sides are: some of the stuff was not very professional. And when I checked out, I left my luggage there for a few hours: they keep the guests luggage in the main entrance, so anyone could go there and steal people's stuff.
My advice: go there only if you can stand a very essential accomodation and don't care much about appearance and formality.

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper floors are better than the ones they're building in the basement.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Alkalina
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

Staff was unfriendly and the room was small. I left my travel adaptor behind and emailed them about it, they did not even bother to reply. This is no way to treat a guest.

Room Tip: As it is on top of a hill, travel light
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Stuttgart hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

So we chose this place because it seemed close to the train station and it was cheap. It looked decent in the pictures but it was not. I will never stay here again. It is on top of a hill so be prepared to climb that, and our room was in the basement where the workers took their smoking break so our room reeked of it. Very low amenities which makes me think it is more of a hostel. I seriously felt like I had bugs crawling on me all night it was just a very unpleasant stay. I obviously do not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveleramanda
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Great location surrounded by the most important places in Stuttgart; train station, hospitals and shopping streets. Still I can smell the mold. I became so sick and having three months of treatment for chest pain and sensitivity. The room so tiny and the wall very thin that you can hear everything outside. Not bad buffet breakfast. The wireless internet so annoying, you need always to sign in even if you left it for 5 minutes. The staff are very rude except for a nice lady with black hair. Once we arrived to check in they asked us to pay for each night in advanced and daily for more than one week they were waiting and asking us for the day's payment! I told them this is not mentioned in the Booking Conditions but they didn't have logic answer and so I told them this will effect their reputation through reviews and he didn't take care of it. I think the manager of this hotel is a good person but he is hiring a very bad and rude staff which may effect his hotel's reputation.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor more cleaner.Ask 4 train st. view.
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ourdream2
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2011

Hei there,

I am writing here with regards my hotel reservation that I have made for the period of (26.03.11 - 28.03.11) at Mack Hotel in Stuttgart (Kriegerstr. 7, 70191, Stuttgart, Zentrum, Germany). I have made this booking with terms and conditions of free cancelation. As I arrived on the date to the hotel, I was asked to sign the hotel room contract for the booking made, pay for the room before I was even able to see the room and I was charged € 95 from my account on the day of (26.03.11).. right before the girl at the reception gave me the keys to the room. I didn't liked the room... I didn't stayed at this hotel.. because the look of the room they offered me was not what I was expected to get and pay for (smelly room and dirty walls). After talking to the girl from the reception and told her that I can't stay two days in this room.. I was promised that I will get in 3 days the full refund of the money that I have payed to this hotel. Which didn't happened yet after 3 weeks.
I have contacted via email the hotel with regards this problem and asking them to kindly refund my money as promised but they wont reply now to my mail. I have also friends in Stuttgart which they have contacted the hotel owner personally and explain him the situation about this booking and he is refusing to refund my money back.. and telling me that he will fire the girl from the reception for telling me that they will refund the money. I am wondering what is going on????
After they take my money on the day they are now refusing to communicate and sort this problem out in a friendly way.

Be aware when booking for this specific hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank AdrianBaiceanu
Wroclaw
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2010

We were pointed to this hotel late evening, becouse in the one we actually booked there were no rooms.We had no time to look for another hotel the day we came as well the next day because we spent whole day out on dog show. Our room occured to be placed in basement with gorgeous view on tyres of cars parked outside .It smelled tobaco and wasn't pretty .It occured we have only 2 beds so they gave us finaly the second one- a touristic one!Toilet and bathroom outside, quite close to room but oldfashioned.Toilet smelled urine so strong we couldn't stand it. When wechecked in receptionist told he thought us dogs are allowed, second one in the morning even showed how to get to park but the third one -3rd day of stay, seemed to be unwell with dogs, told we need to pay for them extra as they are not allowed.I ignored his request of course but he made me angry again.
First day breakfast was ok -egs, ham, cheese, tomatos ,jam, flakes, juices, yoghurt but on the second day we came there later- at 9 so there were only few things left - 2 last pieces of ham and cheese.I asked the lady who was in the kitchen to bring us some eggs and tomatos but she couldn't understand a word in english; finally I managed to translate it into german but she still couldn't help, at the end brought 4 egs for 5 people who were trying to eat something.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends