“Great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Mack

Hotel Mack
Ranked #132 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The hotel is near the train station and downtown. They gave us a huge room which had good wifi although it was difficult to open the room's door. Staff was very friendly and helpful and they gave us a map. The breakfast was average, just a normal breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Mack for just a single night en-route back to the airport. If you are arriving into Stuttgart by train then the hotel is a 5-10 minute walk up the big hill going away from the Town Centre. You can see the sign of the hotel as you are walking towards it.

There are 2 ways to get to the hotel - take 3 flights of steep stairs, or carry on up the hill, past the hotel and turn right. This is the way you would go if you had a car or can't take the steps. I would advise taking the steps if you can as it's a much quicker route to the hotel!

We arrived slightly earlier than planned and the rooms were not quite ready, but the helpful staff let us drop our bags off so we didn't have to carry the around all afternoon.

The rooms were fine - clean, tidy and the bathroom/shower was clean with toiletries provided.

The location is excellent for the centre of Stuttgart - all the main City Centre can be accessed easily, as can the U/S Bahn networks and the DB Hauptbahnhof, if you need to get a long distance connection somewhere.

We did not take up the offer of breakfast as we had to leave very early to get to the airport - so cannot say if it is good or not.

Overall, I would recommend staying at the Hotel Mack - just if you have mobility problems, the steps could be an issues.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for the wknd in august, the hotel was 5 minutes walk from the train station and about 20 minutes to the main town centre shops/bars etc. we didn't have high hopes for the hotel but we were pleasantly surprised, nice clean room and lovely breakfast. all in all i'd recommend the hotel mack

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Hotel Mack is clean. Rooms are small but nice. The staff is generally helpful, and have some English. The breakfast is uninspiring. But the price is right!

My biggest problem was that the hotel was on a hill which required walking up 3 flights of stairs everytime you returned. So if you have troubles with stairs, this hotel is not for you. Also, although it is very close (as the bird flies) the main train station is not as easy to get to as you would think. Construction and a very busy road get in the way.

It is a budget hotel, and you get a clean budget room, with helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Breakpoint
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We were there only for one night. Although the hasn't parking we found a place to park immediately. The staff is very kind. We took 2 rooms. One of them was in the basement and it was better one - The room was large, the bathroom was large, and clean. The second room was on the first floor and it was a complete disaster. The room was very small and needed renovation, bathroom was very small and the towels were in poor condition.
We had a breakfast. It was tasty.
We had a dog with us and it costed 5 €.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Zanetttttt
Reviewed 10 October 2012

After reading several poor reviews regarding Hotel Mack, I almost changed my reservation. However, I stuck with the booking and came away very pleased with the hotel.
The location is good. Yes, there are a few stairs you have to climb. And after a few beers at the festival they seem to double in height and length. But in general, the location is good and fairly central.
The rooms are basic, but clean. A little dated, but for the price we paid, I have no complaints.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was no noise from outside the hotel at night.

I cannot comment on the breakfast as I unfortunately never made it on each of the three days we stayed. However, my friends tell me it was a simple, but very good continental style breakfast.

All in all, Hotel Mack was a decent bargin. I'd go back should I ever visit the festival again.

Room Tip: I managed to get the room on the bottom floor next to the entrance. It was large and airy.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kevinbyrne1978
Reviewed 25 September 2012

You get what you pay for. I chose this low price hotel just to spend 2 nights for the conference having no expectations. It was clean, good location, OK breakfast.
What was the most surprising - the stuff. I had to get up at 3.45 am for leaving. My alarm/phone did not work. No alarm clock was found at the hotel. A front desk woman supposed to leave her duty around 12am. Nevertheless she offered to come to work on the purpose to wake me up and knock at the door.
Well, I did not trust that nice attitude at the beginning, I thought it was just a nice wording to a customer.
To my surprise the knock at the door occurred exact on time. On the top of that the woman (sorry, forgot her name) prepared a cup of coffee for me while I was waiting for a cab.
I never seen such warm help in any many starr***** hotel.

Many thanks to the stuff of the hotel Mack !

Room Tip: Make reservation in far advance thus you can get a better room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo