“3,5”

Ranked #36 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
Istanbul, Turkey
“3,5”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I guess it is not avarage but not excellent as well. Typical German standart rooms with little problem in bathroom; such a big room with such small bath. you cant even turn around in bath
nice thing was; you get free sparkling waters in room with different flavours. there was a nice breakfast and convenient place to walk into city center.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SedatKurtaran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Macae, RJ
Reviewed 30 January 2014

As I was looking for a value for money hotel in Stuttgart, didn`t expect much of Abalon, but I was wrong. The location is really nice, just a bit bad if you are arriving with heavy luggage from the station, but nothing impossible. My room was huge, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was really small, but it's definitely not that important. Breakfast was wonderful! The staff is very kind and helpful. The hotel is close to a Rewe supermarket, some restaurants and chemist, shops and attractions are in a walking distance.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank GCouto
Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is really located in a fabulous spot - in walking distance to great restaurants and shopping and both rail lines are very close by. The rooms are very nice with very generous work space for computers and good WiFi service. Their breakfast service I rate as tops of any of the places we stayed for the four weeks we were in Europe. It is quiet and the staff here are really helpful and are a fountain of information.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BrendaF72
Baden Württemberg
Reviewed 24 June 2013 via mobile

Our parents in law stay here every time they visit. The rooms we have seen are large, clean and comfortable. There is a wonderful breakfast buffet, and the service is always efficient and friendly. Great location for the city and secure parking on site. Recommended.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank griffster69
Jeddah
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I love it when a hotel and its staff impress me before even I step into it. A day before I checked in, I noticed that check-in timing in the hotel is up to 10 pm, and since I was to arrive in Stuttgart late at night and possibly would miss the stated "curfew", I sent an email to explain that. They instantly replied that in fact they close the front door at 10pm and no receptionist would be attending after that, but as a measure for late arriving guests, they give them the code for parking gates (so in case you are driving, the hotel has a parking garages), where one can get in if one comes after-hours, and they left me full instruction for how to obtain my room key-card. That was something that made me appreciate the hotel very much for its management and staff, who also has been very accommodating and very friendly throughout my 4 nights stay.

The hotel from the outside is very beautiful, taking the liking of a greenhouse with glass windows covered its entrance and front section including part of the dining area. Its entrance on Zimmermann Street is on a higher level street than its backside, on Olga Street. this two floors difference in altitude made the building looks very interesting to me, because they made it counts in the hotel design, one of the most memorable small hotels I have been to. I found The room very comfortable and of a great size. Instead of a closet in the bedroom there is a small wardrobe room which also contain a mini fridge. Bathroom is small but great with everything one needs. The cleaning service is commendable, and above all they leave for the guests 4 bottles of complimentary sparkling water. I personally prefer still water, but the gesture is lovely nevertheless.

The breakfast is really good and has a nice variety, not to mention the great coffee.The breakfast room, as I mention above, has roof-like section look like a greenhouse that was nice to spend time at it every morning. A side from the good breakfast, you get to be in a beautiful place with many flowers and plants which truly made our day.

The hotel is not without its flaws, for instance the location is a little bet of a walk from the nearest u-bahn station, and it's about 2km stroll from the main train station. That being said buses passes close by, and the neighborhood is nice and a supermarket, cafes, and many shops are all around. Also, Wi-Fi service is for free only for two hours, then you have to pay for it. In my case, it was useless because my room was out of the range of the hotel's network, but they also provide cable internet, which was useless because I only have an iPad not a laptop. My room also did not have safe box.

Despite these small setbacks, "Hotel Abalon" is truly great, and I would stay there and recommend it to anyone go to Stuttgart in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ayaa1977
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel is modern and the rooms are clean and functional. Breakfast is good and if the weather allows, guests can eat outside on the terrace of the roof-garden. A negative point for business travelers was the frequent problems with the WLAN. These problems often occurred after 22:00 when the reception was closed. Accordingly I spent two evenings without WLAN.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Wyoming
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel. Next time we are in Stuttgart we will stay here again. This time our room was a much larger room than before, a kitchenette, but had no dishes.? Not an issue because we weren't cooking anyway. This room had different decor from our 2008 room. See my previous review as those comments apply to this room as well.

This hotel is the lovely and quirky sort of place we always hope to find.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple