“Great brand new hotel but location is a little off”

Hilton Garden Inn Stuttgart NeckarPark
Ranked #15 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
California
“Great brand new hotel but location is a little off”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We were impressed with this hotel as it is a modern and brand new one. The room we stayed has everything from a small refrigerator to microwave to other more regular amenities. The price is on the high side, however. We paid for €130 plus €16 for parking. Street parking is free if you can find one. The only negative is there are very few restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brian5900

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sao Paulo
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I never imagined staying inside a soccer stadium and the experience was interesting. The good points: Restaurants open until late, service and room are OK, building with new facilities. The bad points: If it´s a game day, is very difficult to drive because many streets around the hotel are blocked. There is no close public transportation, the nearest metro station, ONLY open on game day. There is no way to do anything on foot, only the stadium, some restaurants and Museums of Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

I wouldn´t stay again because I like public transportation nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Razasa
West Chester, United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Located right next to the Mercedes-Benz museum and the soccer stadium, very convenient. Clean with great internet access, a little on the pricier side but I arrived very last minute so that is to be expected. The people were extremely helpful and accommodating, I really appreciate all they did to help me.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

1 Thank Katherine A
Amsterdam Holland
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had to stay overnight for business recently, and selected this hotel as it was conveniently located between downtown and the highways.

Extremely friendly and professional staff, including reception- as well as bar / restaurant staff. Also the quality of the food served was great value for money.

The hotel has some additional perks for HH members, suck as in the restaurant, which was nice as well.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Munich
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed twice at this hotel this year, because it's the only hilton and it's close to my clients office. Its across of some sports and event venues and the Mercedes museum. That might be a plus for some visitors.

The check-ins and check-outs are good. Friendly and well trained clerks.

The average room is small compared to the average room size in the US, but that's rather standard issue in Europe. It's certainly matter of taste, but I don't like the interior design of this hotel. Kind of boring, lacking any character.

What I found very unusual was how uncomfortable the beds are in this hotel. Not as uncomfortable as Hilton Park SA in Istanbul, but so uncomfortable that I wouldn't choose this hotel for stay longer than one, two nights.

The breakfast selection doesn't contain hot porridge, which is quite a surprise to me. Otherwise the selection is quite large, but the taste unimpressive. If I had to pay for it (as hilton gold I don't have to), I'd skip it.

The food options for dinner are limited to some hotel quality fast food.

What I really like about this hotel is that they have to saunas and a steam room. Unfortunately the latter was out of order during my stay. The showers especially the 3d shower are great too. The spa area definitely improves the value of this hotel, therefore four start despite the poor bedding.

If you booking in advance, it's often impossible to book this hotel for just one night, because the hilton website would show no rooms available. In those cases wait and book one day before or or even on the day of arrival.

Room Tip: The shape of the hotel building is kind of a triangle with rounded corners. The corner rooms on the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just checked in at this property. Informed the front desk that I was a Diamond VIP, and inquired if there was any possibility of an upgrade. Was told 'No, we do not do that as we are a Garden Inn'. Inquired if my room was a king (which is what I booked), and was told yes, but I could upgrade into a Kind Deluxe for an additional 20 Euro per night. I again inquired if they could not give me the complementary upgrade based on my status and was told no. As a Diamond, I have stayed at many Garden Inn (and other levels of Hilton) properties and have been upgraded, so perhaps this is only a Germany policy? Or perhaps it was because I used points and they were not making any revenue? I cannot say that I agree with a previous poster that the rooms are better than in US or Canada. I also wanted to turn on the AC, however even with the temperature set on the (-) side of the scale, the heater seemed to be on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank califcajin
Reviewed 12 March 2014

We chose this hotel due to its location a short walk from the Mercedes Benz Museum. It was perfect for this purpose. We were greeted by friendly staff. The room was clean and spacious with a sauna in the bathroom. Breakfast was excellent with good quality and variety. Check in and check out were equally easy and quick. We would visit this hotel again without reservation.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family