“Very impressed but with one downside” 4 of 5 bubbles

Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe
Ranked #2 of 149 Hotels in Stuttgart
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Very impressed but with one downside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

Myself and a friend stayed at the hotel for a long weekend as w

This is a beautiful hotel in a prime location with amazing, genuine and friendly staff - from the minute we arrived we felt really cared for and valued. We stayed for three nights to attend the Cannstatter Wasen with a friend who lives is Stuttgart.

The decor and feel of the hotel is very well done, it keeps a classic business style with subtle modern twists to the place. The room we stayed in was fantastic - large, comfortable, bright and airy, very comfy bed and good quality bedding. The only reason I haven't given the hotel 5/5 is there wasn't a door separating the bathroom from the room and there was a window from the bedroom into the shower which was caused a few embarrassing moments.

Room Tip: If you are to book this hotel for a business trip and (like us) book a twin room be sure to ask abou...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank R B
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Dear R B

Thank you for having shared your opinion with us on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the location and design of our Mövenpick Hotel in Stuttgart and we hope that you appreciated the Cannstatter Wasen and its traditional and festive atmosphere!

We are happy to read that you liked the amenities of our rooms and felt well and comfortable. Of course, we also have rooms offering more privacy between the sleeping area and the bathroom, especially for colleagues travelling together. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience encountered, please do not hesitate to notify our reservation team about your need during your next visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in Stuttgart either next year or sooner!

Online reputation manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times for business in the past year - I have to say that it really is a pleasure as the staff are very welcoming and the room very well appointed. There is a lovely atmosphere in the hotel which is not something you get often at airport hotels. Travelling a lot on business means staying in lots of hotels ... there are not many like this !!

Dear Fergus,

Thank you very much for your rewarding comment which I surely shared with my colleagues.

As a business and airport hotel, we seek to offer our guests a relaxing and surprising atmosphere and we are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the setting as well as the service at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again during your next business trip in Germany!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed here one night when I was on business in Stuttgart. I liked the design of the hotel immediately. It is colourful with high quality furniture.
The staff was friendly when I checked in but did not know the hotel was a miles & more partner but she quickly asked a colleague who was able to assist.
I was stayed on the 6th floor in an executive room which had a very nice design. The furniture was stylish black against a white backdrop. The bathroom has a window to the main room which looks pretty sweet and overall the fittings were very modern.
Only drawback of the room was that there was no iron/ironing board! I was very surprised as the hotel struck me as a business hotel. I'm sure the hotel staff would have ironed my shirt but I couldn't be bothered at the late time I arrived.
I ordered room service which was very tasty.
The breakfast was also very nice. A bright restaurant area with lots of business travellers (lots were there for the exhibition centre which is very close). The food was of high quality with some own brand Moevenpick jams.
I still had to wait for my flight so I decided to use the business centre which has internet PCs and a printer. Internet was included in my room rate( though it is a mystery why it isn't included for all rooms).
Overall I was satisfied with my room. Next time I hope to find an iron in my room and free internet for all guests and I will give the hotel an excellent rating.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 22 October 2012
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for having shared your opinion on your stay with us.

We are very happy to read that you enjoyed the design of our hotel and its rooms. We surely have irons and ironing boards in some of our rooms and upon request. By simply informing our team at the reception, we will bring you what you need a few minutes later. Of course, our housekeeping team is also here to provide you this service.

It is a pleasure for us to know that you were satisfied with the breakfast buffet as well as with the amenities of the business center. Rest assure that we take your remark regarding free Internet access into consideration.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again and wish you all the best until then.

Online reputation Manager
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

We go to visit my wife family every year in Ulm,the night before our flight back to California,we always stay at this hotel,it is all about the location,only five minutes walk to the terminal.They got everything you need at this hotel,great service and very friendly.The restaurant is very modern and the food is very good.The room is very clean and modern.We will keep stay at this hotel everytime when we come to Stuttgart.
rlutc.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rlutc
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Dear rlutc,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your positive feedback about your stay in the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.

We are very happy that you had a great time with us while enjoying our culinary offers , the hotel amenities and the service provided by our team.

Herewith I would like to especially thank you for your loyalty! It is very rewarding for us to count you among our returning guests.

All the best until your next visit in Stuttgart!

Warm Regards
Plochingen, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

For people who need to stay close to airoport, very good position and ideal location.
Rooms are ok, they have everything what you need like in every hotel, service is great and frendly, positions is excelent, and price is also god.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark V
moevenpickhotel1, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the convenient location of the hotel and our friendly service.

Your feedback is important to us, as it permits us to always adapt and actualize our offer according to your expectations.

We wish you all the best until your next visit at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.

Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I had just finished a 45-day deployment to Germany from the US. I took a few days holiday on the end to go to Budapest, but I couldn't take all of my luggage with me. Further complicating the situation was that my flight back to Budapest from Stuttgart got in just before midnight. The Movenpick staff worked with me to safely store some luggage while I was gone, AND allowed me to check in really late. I could not have had a better experience.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank PanamaZac
Dear PanamaZac,

It is very rewarding for us to read that you have appreciated the service provided by our team and that we could meet your expectations during your stay.

We constantly aim to procure an adapted and personalized experience to our guests and it is therefore a great pleasure to receive your positive feedback.

I hope that you also enjoyed your stay in Budapest and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon again in Stuttgart!

Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

located at the airport of Stuttgart, the hotel is of course very convenient when having a connection or a late flight and further travel by car.
although 4 people were behind the counter at check-in, only 4 were actually checking in, even when 8 people were waiting. took around 30mins to check in.
hotel is modern, clean and spacious, this is applicable for the rooms as well.
Strange thing was that the toilet was not flushed... maybe the cleaning lady had an urgent matter... I got a candy when checking out to compensate, which is a bit silly...
Overall a good stay, with friendly staff.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jimmy,

Thank you very much for having shared your opinion on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to read that you find the location of our hotel right next to the airport as convenient.

Your waiting time at the reception should have taken considerably less time that what you experienced and we would like to apologize for the inconvenience encountered. Be assure that I have informed our front office team and that this situation did clearly not meet our standards.

Regarding your feedback concerning the restrooms, we did have an issue with our draining system which had been promptly fixed. Rest assure that our housekeeping team very regularly inspects the cleanliness of every hotel departments.

Overall, we are happy that you enjoyed the service provided by our team and the amenities of the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe. We are looking forward to welcoming you soon again!

Online Reputation Manager