“Poor Management/Rude CRM”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Istanbul, Turkey
“Poor Management/Rude CRM”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I am currently staying with my colleagues in Movenpick, Stuttgart. Actually already booked 3 rooms.
Me and wife and one more co-worker of my company are smokers. While booking that hotel I asked smoking rooms both from booking.com and front desk. First day front desk has placed us to first floor rooms and other co-worker the third room we booked to 4th floor because of he is non-smoker.
Today after a long meeting day I came to my room and faced with a paper actual signed by front desk manager is written on it that we suppose to pay 150 EUR for deep cleaning the room due to we smoked at room. Of course we have shocked. And we brought the ashtray to reception which we found at room and asked is it really a non smoking room..
Even we have booked that room from booking.com as smoker room and first day we have stroke over that we are smoking and even all they put our co-worker to 4th floor because we asked smoking room we faced with such a situation after all tiring meetings within day.

Anyway, the only response of front desk was that they are sorry they have mistaken.
it didn't finish there. just 10 minutes ago my co-worker at 4th floor who never smoked in his life called us and told that he found the same paper in his room. who booked the room as non-smoker:)
Can you imagine? it is happening in a German Movenpick Hotel.
We are moving tomorrow morning to Berlin. We have already booked another Movenpick there which now i am trying to cancel my booking.
Our Overall Experience:
Hotel is generally cold.
Seems a designed hotel from images but it is not.
Staff is mostly smily.
Very far away from city. Especially to reach to city in rush hours takes 1-1.5 hours.
Poor management for sure.
Staff doesn't have enough english to communicate with international guests.
No any concierge...
Average breakfast even it is 22 eur.
no doors at bathrooms which is a new trend i guess.
internet totallyy a problem.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SertacTosun
jkoehler, Geschäftsführer at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Sertac Tosun,

thank you for your feedback.

Your reservation was made with the special request for two smoking rooms and one non-smoking room. In the reservation policies of booking.com there is an advice that we cannot guarantee smoking or non-smoking rooms at the time of reservation, and only at check-in a confirmation can be given. Due to a shortage of smoking rooms at time of check in we offered you one smoking room and two non-smoking rooms.

On each floor we have numerous signs advising about the smoking and non-smoking areas and additionally in every non-smoking room there are advices about the cleaning charge and our handling. In your case in one of the non-smoking rooms we found cigarettes ashes in the coffee dishes supplied.

As ther was a apparently a misunderstanding on both sides we had already waived the cleaning charge of EUR 150,00 which you mention.

Dear Sertac Tosun, every single guest is very important for us and our aim is that every guest leaves the Mövenpick Hotel satisfied. Unfortunately we did not meet our own set standard in your case. We will try our best the next time around.

We remain with best regards

Jürgen Köhler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed tehre only one night fo business.
No experience with the restaurant but with the room service. Good was very good and rates were quite good. Delivery was done within 20 minutes.
No time to test the gym!
I could get a corporate rate, via booking.com I pay EUR 164 for a single room.
The room was really big, clean adn very decorated.
The breakfast was not included and 22 EUR for a buffet breakfast is too far expensive for that class of hotel.
What shocked me the most was tehre is no free wi-fi!!!!
I read some comments were it is said you can get the smaller breakfest (and then cheaper) and if you have an executive room you get wi-fi for free. But I guess the rate of the room is higher as well!
I woudl say nowadays, when travelling for business or for leisure, wifi should be included in the room rate!
But for sure, the direct access to the airport is very convenient and you can not hear the noise of the plane as very well isolated.
On other hand, if you want to visit Stuttgart I would not recommend that hotel as not down town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MhLuxembourg
moevenpickhotel1, Sales Administrator at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having given your opinion about your stay at the Mövenpick hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe on Tripadvisor.com.

We are happy, that you like our rooms and the room service and that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel.

Your comment concerning the price for breakfast and the cost for Wi-Fi is very important for us and we regret, that you did not have the chance to take a smaller and cheaper breakfast in the morning.

The extra charge for the higher room category is EUR 20,00 but if you book an Executive room, you have the following benefits: late checkout, a bottle of water in the room and free wi-fi.
Please be sure, that we acutally work on a better solution concerning the costs of internet.

Nevertheless, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

In the meantime we wish you all the best.

Kind regards from Stuttgart

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Moevenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe has always been my first choice and its so far the best choice if heading to Stuttgart to participate at or walk a show at the Messe.
Well appointed rooms,Great hospitality,Good food and drinks selection,an Attentive Staff and Excellent service are the hallmarks of this fine hotel property.
What also makes me most amazed and delighted that the cheerful bartender in the lobby bar always remembers that my drink should have only 1 ice cube....
Stay here to feel spoilt and comfortable in the lap of luxury

Room Tip: Try ask for a small fee upgrade that gives you free internet and a bottle of mineral water.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AKS2013AKS
moevenpickhotel1, Sales Administrator at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great comment about your stay in the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe on Tripadvisor.com.

It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel rooms as well as your experience at the restaurant Trollinger and in our Message Café and Bar. Thank you for these positive comments which I am happy to share with my colleagues.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

In the meantime we wish you all the best.

Kind regards from Stuttgart

Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at the Movenpick 2 nights in October.
I voiced a few issues in their email survey... and was surprised to get a well thought out - personal letter from their GM (Mr. Kohler).

He explained that his staff was working the issues, and provided a rebate of 50 Euros in compensation. (He didnt have to do that)

It is clear to me that the reason this hotel is rated so highly, is their staff is very dedicated to the comfort of their guests.

I would stay there again...

Mike

Room Tip: Get an Executive Room with free internet- otherwise--it even costs money to use the Internet in the...
2 Thank Michael F
moevenpickhotel1, Sales Administrator at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Michael F,

thank you for your review on tripadvisor.com.

As we already had a conversation via e-Mail we would like to say thank you once again for your feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future. In the meantime we wish you all the best and a good start in the winter.

Best regards from Stuttgart

Basel
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Stayed here for one overnight on a Business Trip.
In a great airport location just opposite the arrivals terminal and really easy to find - no shuttle bus necessary.

Check in staff were very friendly and helpful. Used room service for a quick French cheese platter snack which was really tasty and nicely presented

The standard room was spacious clean and tastefully decorated with a beautiful bathroom/shower arrangement and hairdryer. SHower gel, shampoo and body lotion available

Tea and coffee making facilities also available

I honestly felt quite pampered and had a great night's sleep

The only gripe I have is the payment for unlimited internet access - in this day and age it becomes a tad annoying when even budget hotels include this in the room rate.

I would recommend this hotel without hesitation and would stay here again myself.

1 Thank rach68Basel
moevenpickhotel1, Sales Administrator at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe for your overnight and for your kind comment on Tripadvisor.com.

We are very happy that you had a comfortable stay in our hotel and that you would recommend us.

Thank you for the positive comments concerning our Team, especially during check in. I am happy to share it with my colleagues.

Regarding your comment concerning our Internet connection, I would like to inform you that you have unlimited access to it in all our rooms except our Comfort rooms. In our executive rooms, for example, you will also benefit from additional services such as late checkout, a bottle of water and a bathrobe.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again during your next trip to Stuttgart.

Best regards

Sales Manager
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This is my second time to stay at this hotel the night prior to leaving Stuttgart after a busy couple of weeks of travel and work. One can check into the hotel, turn in the rental car, and really relax in a very welcoming room with plenty of space. Airport luggage carts are at both hotel entrances, and it is a brief and easy walk even with a loaded luggage cart to the departure terminal and check-in desk. The hotel folks are truly friendly and helpful, even with a difficult request (could I have a badewanne please?) in a full house. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a bathtub (badewanne) and if available, you'll get a spacious room with a western exposu...
Dear KL M,

Thank you for having chosen once again the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe and having taking time to give us a feedback.

We are pleased that you found the location of the hotel as convenient and that you enjoyed your hotel room, especially the plenty of space. Thank you for your kind comments concerning our Team. I am happy to share it with my colleagues.

Dear KL M, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back during your next trip to Stuttgart. In the meantime we wish you all the best.

Best regards from Stuttgart

Happy Valley, Oregon
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

I stay here approximately 10 times per year as the company I work for is headquartered in Stuttgart. I have stayed in several other places closer to downtown, which might be more convenient, but I keep coming back to the Movenpick.

Why? The ability to merely walk across the street from the airport means you will be in your room 5 minutes after the plane reaches the gate on arrival. For departure, it means an additional 45 minutes of sleep for those early morning flights as well as skipping the worry of whether the cab will show up at 4 am.

The hotel itself is well appointed and clean. The fitness center is small but nice, and the breakfast buffet is quite extensive. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Like I said, I have stayed in several other places around Stuttgart and this is my favorite.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jim A
moevenpickhotel1, Sales Administrator at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Jim A,

Thank you for your great feedback on Tripadvisor!

We are pleased that you found the location of the hotel as convenient and that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive comments concerning our Team. I am happy to share it with my colleagues.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back during your next trip to Stuttgart.

In the meantime, we wish you all the best and a good start in the winter!

Best regards