“Very good, only missing details.”

Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport
Ranked #1 of 146 Hotels in Stuttgart
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Top hotel in front of the airport exit. Very good service, with very professional staff.
The rooms are good, big enough for a business stay. Missing an iron, a good shampoo and soap.
Unbelievably for a business hotel, they only offer Wi-Fi for three hours.
The breakfast is not dazzling, although enough, it's just according to the hotel price.
Nevertheless, definitely the right choice in terms of business hotels in Stuttgart.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank António C
moevenpickhotel1, Guest Relations at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for your comment for the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and especially the location of the hotel right next to the Airport and our professional staff.
Regarding an iron, please contact our Team at the reception for further assistance during you next stay.Please note, that we currently working on a better solution regarding the cost for wifi.
Regarding the breakfast, I would like to inform you that you have the choice between the buffet where all hot drinks, egg specialties, and fresh juices are also included and our breakfast à la carte. The last option may be more adequate if you are on the go or willing to have something small in the morning.
Dear guest, we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again. As mentioned, please do not hesitate to contact our team before arrival and share your preferences with us. We would be very happy to adapt your stay and meet your expectations.
We hope you had a pleasant trip back home and we hope to welcome you again soon.
In the meantime we wish you all the best.
Kind regards from Stuttgart
Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,011)

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Got a good deal via booking.com, rooms very nice and spacious. Transport connections good with train station from airport, also a few shops and restaurants if you dont want to use hotel. Good points, free spa and sauna, bad points cost of internet, should be free and fast these days. Would stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank GFM_59

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your recent visit at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.
We highly appreciate that you took precious time to let us know that you were satisfied with our hotel and our offer via booking.com.
Regarding the cost for internet, please take into consideration that Wi-Fi is included for 3 hours if you book directly via our homepage or completely included on our executive floors.
Regarding the breakfast, I would like to inform you that there is the choice between the buffet where all hot drinks, egg specialties, fresh juices and much more is included and a smaller breakfast à la carte. For further assistance please ask our Team from the restaurant during your next stay.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and wish you all the best in the meantime!
Kind regards

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After a long drive from Salzburg the hotel was a breeze to find (well it was opposite the main airport). Although I didn't eat in the hotel my husband did and he raved about the food, steak tartare to die for. If you don't need to be in the centre of Stuttgart you can't go wrong with this very stylish, modern hotel. Full marks Movenpick.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ml1682
moevenpickhotel1, Guest Relations at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear guest,
thank you for your great feedback on tripadvisor.com.
It is our pleasure to provide good service to our customers and constantly improve where necessary.
Therefore we are very happy, that you like our hotel, especially the steak tartare in our Restaurant Trollinger. Please be sure, that I will share your commendation with the whole Team.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future and wish you all the best in the meantime!
Kind regards

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just stayed overnight because of an early flight; arrived late and left early. The hotel has the perfect location for that. The room was big and the bathroom beautiful. I am a bit sad that we didn't get to try out the restaurant, it definitely looked like it was worth a visit.

These were the best beds I have ever found in a hotel, I hate the over-soft ones where the whole bed shakes if you sneeze, and it is amazing that they have sound proofed it so well that no noise can be heard from the airport.

I also really appreciated that they had a small breakfast snack available for those who leave before breakfast is served, a cup of coffee and a breakfast croissant made our early start a good one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank everywhereandn0where
moevenpickhotel1, Guest Relations at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for having taken the time to rate your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe on Tripadvisor.com.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and especially the location and the bed in our rooms.
We regret that you didn’t had the possibility to try our Restaurant Trollinger and we hope, that you have enough time during your next stay.
Dear Guest, we are looking forward to welcome you soon again. In the meantime we wish you all the best.
Kind Regards from Stuttgart

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an early flight out of Stuttgart airport. I had recently stayed at several properties in the Unites States that are known for great design, but I've been disappointed in each because the design doesn't add anything to the function of the room and in fact often takes away from it.

Not so at the Movenpick! This is a hotel with great modern design, and everything WORKS! I ahd a basic room and every detail was well-thought out. The room was comfortable and the bed was great. The bathroom was ultra-modern and yet still warm and functional. I love the blue LED nightlight in the bathroom. I love that you can operate almost every light in the room from switches by the bed. I love that the minibar was CHEAP for a hotel minibar. The designers of this hotel really considered what people need and made it all work.

An incredibly comfortable stay. I wish I could stay at this hotel in every city I visit.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
moevenpickhotel1, Guest Relations at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for having shared your feedback about your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe on Tripadvisor.com.
It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel rooms as well as the service provided by our team. Thank you for these positive comments which I am happy to share with my colleagues.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back during your next trip to Stuttgart.
Best regards

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Wonderful service, excellent rooms with Swarovski elements in decoration, and the best breakfast you might experience in Stuttgart, we'll, it's easy, the breakfast is Swiss, not German ;)

I love my Moevenpick cold coffee with milk shake before entering a meeting, and the wonderful breakfast with all choices to start of a successful day! The gym is very nice and although you are located right across the airport, you got the sensation that once entering Moevenpick, you are in a different fancy world, nothing to do with the airport.

Have been there at least five times already this year and the Moevenpick feeling always caught me from the very first moment...

What else to desire from a business hotel? Nothing at all - worth mentioning the wonderful wine of the month choice they offer you at the bar...

Fantastic, keep it up, Stuttgart would be by far more provincial without you international guys!

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for having taken the time to rate your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport & Messe.
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you would like to recommend our hotel.
Thank you for your great comment concerning our breakfast and our whole Team. Please be sure, that I will share your commendation with my colleagues – thank you.
We hope to welcome you soon again. In the meantime we wish you all the best.
Kind Regards from Stuttgart

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Excellent location for visiting the adjacent fair. Very clean, very tidy, very comfortable rooms, very good breakfast. Stayed there with a broken hand in a cast, encountered extremely good staff on all levels except management: had to leave one day early for unforeseen surgery, management insisted on 90% [sic] payment for that last out of three days, despite a four days early warning from my side and a fully booked house. All staff on all levels handled my predicament with outstanding helpfulness, so from management I would have expected a similar level of compassion, i.e. a decent handling of my issue, alas, I had to learn differently. From personal experience my recommendation is: a highly recommendable hotel, but don't expect too much from management when issues occur.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
jkoehler, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Stuttgart Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your detailed feedback about your stay.

We are happy that you enjoyed our breakfast service and the helpfullness of our employees. Please rest assured that I have relayed these comments to my employees as this type of praise is an accelerating incentive for the future.

I am sorry to hear your comment regarding the management and our flexibility. Your reservation was booked in combination with a special group rate inclusive of certain stipulations for a company event and after consulting the organizer we were advised on the rule performed regarding the cancellation charges. I am sorry to note that this left a bad taste with you regarding the management of the hotel.

I do hope however that the experience you've had in the hotel with the service and quality will make you come back and enjoy your next stay even more.

Best regards