“good hotel on the edge of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Arcotel Camino

Arcotel Camino
Ranked #9 of 149 Hotels in Stuttgart
Heathrow
“good hotel on the edge of town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

a fantastic welcome and early checkin was a great start to my three day stay at Camino.

the accommodation is spotless and the rooms are well equipped although i wasn't a huge fan of the open plan bathrooms with the net curtain.

the air conditioning was good and when I requested an extra blanket it arrived in minutes.

the rooms have no iron and iron boards and we requested one which I believe is the only one in the hotel. we had a phone call on Saturday at 8.30 asking for it back a little annoying given we were having a rare sleepin

on the whole the bar service is good with well presented and poured drinks although at time it could take a while.

a small but functional gym is attached the to sauna area which I didn't use but looked nice

the wifi is a little slow

overall a great hotel nice walk into town and I would stay and recommend the hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Camino, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback. We are happy to hear, that you had a nice stay at the ARCOTEL Camino. Unfortunately we do not have an iron and iron board for each room. So we are reliant that our guests give us a call when they are finished with ironing. But we are very sorry for waking you up.
Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

OK, if not for one thing, I would have given them 4 star, but when you advertise something and then don't have it... That's bad. I understand this is Europe and Germany and things tend to not get hot, but the hotel does advertise air conditioning, and it was pitiful. AND it was not just my room, others commented on the same thing in my group. I had maintenance look at it, no help... And even it it was working the high speed on the fan was soooo low airflow you would never noticed it. So there, that's my 3 star justification.

Now that aside, this is a good hotel. About 3 blocks, 5 minute walk, to the main train/subway station and from there you can get to anywhere. Across from the station is probably a 20 block pedi durian shopping and Resturant area, so very confident indeed.

Didn't try the Resturant (breakfast was 22 Euro !!!), but front desk was friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable if not a little odd, they had a table desk, but only a footstool at it, there was a big chair but it was too heavy to move), but it was a workable arrangement. Bed was comfortable with 3 three types of pillows.

Don't know if I'd stay here again, rate would have to be lower than I paid to entice me. But if not in the warm season, would definitely be worth a look.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear MacJoe

Thank you for your feedback. We feel sorry that you had such problems with the air condition. We have already informed our technician about this problem. Gladly we like to inform you that we only use high quality food for our breakfast buffet, so we think the price is fair. We hope to welcome you again and wish you a pleasant time until then. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

During a trip to Stuttgart (where I am frequently for business) customers of mine had booked the Arcotel Camino for 1 night. I usually stay in hotels closer to the airport but our customers wanted to stay in the city center and from the location and the reviews the Arcotel Camino seemed like a good choice.

The decor of the hotel and the room is unique and pretty in my eyes. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. I was travelling with a 9-seater-van that is not easy to park in the narrow streets and when I arrived to pick up the customers in the morning of the day that I would check-in at night, the ladies kindly made sure that I was able to park the large vehicle in the evening without problems.

When I came back that night to check in, the reception from the guy at front desk was less friendly but he furnished me my room key without issues. Upon going up to the second floor I opened my room door and found to my surprise a suitcase standing in the room.
I assumed a mistake had taken place and muled my heavy suitcase back down to reception.
I approached the front desk and explained the situation, which was met by a unfriendly frown and the explanation "that this is probably from one of their frequent guest". Well, and so? Yeah, probably his colleague had let one of their frequent guests use the room and forgot to take out the luggage. He then said he would go up and check.

He disappeared and in the mean time two more solo travellers started to queue up behind me. When he came back he was rolling the suitcase, shot me a quick glance and said, yes, it is from a long term guest and it is ok now.

I then asked him if I could possibly have a different room - I am a woman staying alone in the room and am not comfortable with staying in a room that (maybe just in my head but even that costs me my sleep...) someone else might possibly have a key to since he used the room earlier. He shroughed his shoulders, shot me a glance as if I am an annoying insect and said that they are nearly sold out. He then did nothing. And let me wait for a while. He then said: Booked out, we only have the apartments and they are much more expensive. He very clearly wanted me to leave now. The two gentlemen behind me in line must have obviously booked an apartment because they had no more rooms, right...

Things can go wrong and I don't mind. That there is not a single word of apology uttered and I am being treated as being bothersome for the fact that I don't think it is normal that someone else's suitcase is in my room, is unacceptable. Whatever the calling of the man behind reception on this night (03. April 2014) might be - it is not to be in customer service.

I then went to the room and though easy - I just lock the room. Just to find out that the door lock did not work! I had a sleepless night.

The very friendly lady at the bar saved parts of the night.
Breakfast spread is good and the service staff was friendly but I have to mention that it is the only hotel of that category that I have stayed in in Stuttgart that does not offer gluten free and lactose free items. Maybe they have it - but it is nowhere mentioned.

It is a pity. Room alone, location, bar and bar staff would get 5 stars from me, but the terrible front desk does not make this a hotel I want to return to when travelling on my own. I have to add as well that the front desk upon check-out in the morning (ladies this time) could improve it's friendliness, the lady that was serving the gentlemen next to me was really unfriendly to him (and I am German, it is not lost in translation)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Carisa78
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Camino, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Carisa78,

thank you for staying at the ARCOTEL Camino Stuttgart and taking the time to pass your comment on TripAdvisor.
We feel glad to hear that you liked our comfortable and spacious rooms as well the location, bar and the friendliness of our bar employees.
Concerning the gluten and lactose free items we are able to offer this now at our everyday breakfast buffet.
But unfortunately your stay was not to your complete satisfaction.
We apologize for the trouble caused and we can assure you that the attitude of our reception staff is not up to our philosophy and of course no standard in the ARCOTEL Camino Stuttgart.
We did talk to the concerned employees and we can assert that such an inconvenience will not happen again.
Your remarks are very important for us and we regret that we could not satisfy you of our hotel.
It would be a great pleasure if you will give us a second chance in the future.
We like to make concession for your next stay, so please do not hesitate to contact our Front Office Manager Constanze Stein (+49 711 25858-2020) for any queries directly.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Trip to see the football, the hotel was very impressive for what we paid, great rooms, clean tidy and very plush. Bar area was a nice place to sit before and after the football.
Location from the Hauptbahnhof was a 5 minute walk and also very close to the main City Centre.
Staff were very helpful and knowledgeable of the surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cthomson58
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Camino, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear The_Bobski,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback which means a lot to us. We feel happy you had a pleasant stay at the ARCOTEL Camino and we also hope that you will visit us again soon.
Until then we wish you a nice time and all the best.

Kind regards, Daniel Grau, Guest Relation
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a couple of nights in Stuttgart, a city that was new to us. We arrived on an evening train into the building site of the station and were relieved to find the hotel so easily. The staff were welcoming, the room spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was fantastic, a huge choice from a buffet plus items to order. We had a meal in the restaurant, the food was good but the portions were huge. In retrospect we would have been better having a bar meal.
I was impressed with the hotel, it felt like a haven from the construction work in the city. I would happily visit others from this group but I might wait to return to this one until I know the massive building project is finished in Stuttgart.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Framlingham
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Camino, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Gladly we share your kind words with our staff. It’s nice to hear that you had a great stay all over. We’re looking forward to welcome you again at the ARCOTEL Camino in Stuttgart. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation.
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend break: We've been to Stuttgart a few times before, but this was our first stay at the Arcotel Camino, and it will certainly not be our last. On arrival the staff behind the reception desk were extremely welcoming and could not have been more helpful. Our room was on the top floor, and was very well appointed, large, comfortable and clean. Breakfast at this hotel is amazing and sets you up for the whole day. Also, fresh fruit is available in your room and at reception along with mini Schokoküsse.
All in all we loved this hotel and can't wait for our next trip to Stuttgart to go back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison M
camino2108, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Arcotel Camino, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Alison,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Of course we share your nice words with our staff, especially with our staff of the reception desk. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at ARCOTEL Camino and that you really enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet. We wish you a pleasant time and are looking forward to welcome you and your husband again. Kind regards, Melanie Ringwelski, Guest Relation.