All reviews tram system day ticket continental breakfast weekend break business stay busy road train station germany euros stops hairdryer christmas porsche
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

On arrival we were allocated room 111, I specifically asked if this was a quiet room and was informed it was. I mentioned we had just come from a hotel where we were next to a lift and had very disturbed sleep.

Well guess what room 111 is directly above the breakfast area and service room, so far another couple of nights rubbish sleep and no practical solution offered by the hotel.

Actually woken at 2:30AM this morning by furniture being dragged on a floor.

Poor form Motel one, probably our first and last stay with your chain.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel has all the basic needs for a business stay. The room is clean and modern with a equally good bathroom. The room it self isn't that large though.
The hotel also hosts a bar and offers a quite ok breakfast. Best of all, it is relatively cheap to stay here.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Despite being given a room on 1st floor overlooking the VERY busy road, our peace wasn't affected by any traffic. The hotel is spotless. The breakfast was great. The staff were wonderfully helpful....can't fault anything here...praise all round.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I have previously used the Motel One chain on many occasions and in particular the Motel One by the main station in Stuttgart. Last year I tried to book the hotel by the station once again for the Cannstatter Volksfest and it was sold out a year in advance. I also checked the Bad Cannstatt location as well, as this would have been acceptable, also sold out. I did not check this location as it was not really in the area I wanted to stay. As I know that you can book and cancel up to quite late, I decided to keep checking and one day 4 rooms had appeared at the Bad Cannstatt location. Brilliant I thought, so I booked up and thought nothing more of it till we arrived... After a delayed flight it was already midnight when we got to the Bad Cannstatt hotel and we were told our reservation was at this hotel and not Bad Cannstatt. The staff member was inexperienced and too busy as on her own and of no use at all and could not help, due to the festival the hotel was full. We were unable to get a taxi to this hotel for over an hour and the train would have involved changes and was the other side of Stuttgart. On arrival at this hotel once again the staff had an attitude and were completely unhelpful. Something had obviously either gone wrong on the booking system or they had over booked the other two hotel. All I know is I was at the hotel of the 3 that I did not want to use. This hotel due to its location is also slightly cheaper and not only were we here but paying the price for the other hotel. As a result of the staff attitude I will avoid using this chain again, unless I really have no other option. I have in fact booked a nicer hotel for the festival this year which was cheaper then the Motel One we usually use.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary E
MO_Stuttgart513, Administration Assistant at Motel One Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Sirs,

Yours sincerely
Motel One Team

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel 4 nights. The breakfast is good and MOST of the staff are very friendly and helpful. the downside is that there is one staff member who is older than the others and I don’t know whey he decided to be absolutely disrespectful to us. Maybe it’s because we are not German and only speak English. Anyhow, he was rude when we asked for help which translating a menu- said “your in Germany deal with it”, and was grumpy each time we needed anything. The highlight was when we asked for forks after ordering food delivery. He simply pointed to the storage cabinet and told me to take what I want by myself. We were shocked by his behavior because the rest of the staff are really nice.
One more thing- the hotel is far from the main area in Stuttgart and there is a 15 min train ride.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
MO_Stuttgart513, Administration Assistant at Motel One Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.
We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short.

If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Best Regards