Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Aloft.com
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
£76
All reviews train station short hair huge building site huge shopping gym facilities bed and pillows hotel bar u bahn stop rooms were very clean four nights comfortable stay min walk convenient location porsche museum city hauptbahnhof factory
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2016

The Aloft is a very new hotel right above a very new mall packed with shops and a huge food court. The brand is trying to be hip, and largely succeeds, without spoiling the experience for fortysomething guests like me. The decor is trendy without being "try hard". The Wifi was fast but the fitness room was a bit of an after thought.

The rooms are large and well designed, with super comfortable beds. Ours was a connecting room with our kids next door. The hotel offers breakfast, but doesn't have a restaurant. There's a pool table in the lounge and table-football, which our kids loved. In keeping with the funky design, live bands play there. You can easily walk there from the railway station and the Schloss Platz is only a ten minute walk away too.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I'd come back and stay again if I was in Stuttgart.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2016

The Aloft is modern and located right next to a mall in an up and coming business district. It is well located although not as central as some of the competitors. The atmosphere is young, casual and hip with a permanent DJ booth, pool table and bean bags in the bar area. The rooms were fantastic and I cannot fault them in anyway; they even include an iron/ironing board and even washcloths. The gym was decently equipped. Parking was expensive, but very nice and shared with the mall. I want to love the Aloft and I want it to be better than Le Meridien but the breakfast lets it down. During the day, the breakfast bar is a shop and in the morning, many of the items become part of the breakfast options. What is really bizarre is that while you are trying to get you breakfast, the staff tracks you down and informs you that breakfast is not included and you have to decide between the "big breakfast" or the "small" breakfast. When I asked what the difference is, the response I got was that the small breakfast was 3 items. I had to ask for more clarification on exactly what an item is. If I have 3 hard boiled eggs, is that it? If I have a bowl of cereal with milk and 1 topping, is that it? If I have 3 slices of ham, is that it? The manager wasn't even able to make the determination and in the end left it up to me to decide. It's just silly. There should be a podium at the front to allow people in instead of tracking people down. If there is a price, there should be 1 price. I'd also like to see some more options. The big breakfast was about 12EUR which is half the price of Le Meridien but only with an eighth of the options. The only cooked items are hard boiled eggs. If breakfast could just be improved, this could be my go to hotel in Stuttgart, but for now I'm going back to Le Meridien.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank johnwpowell
Armin H, General Manager at Aloft Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2016

Hi John,

Thank you for your Feedback and pointers. We are able to offer our guests only a Continental breakfast Option for either EUR 6,5 for three different dishes. This could be a Sandwich, Fruit, Muesli, Coffee, Pastry etc. totally up to you and of course the slices of cheese of ham would be included in your Sandwich and not counted extra. As an alternative you can opt in for the full Continental breakfast for only EUR 12,5 which will give you the choice of everything that is on Display.

We are glad in return that you really enjoyed the Hotel itself and the product and Services we offer and truly hope that you will choose us again in the future.

Best wishes

Reviewed 22 July 2016

We stayed in the Aloft for 4 nights in July on our first visit to Stuttgart. The hotel is located approximately a 10 minute walk from the main railway station. Note that the first 200 metres of the path from the station is through a car park / taxi rank / building site and can be slightly confusing to find but if you head for the Milaneo shopping mall you will locate the hotel.

The Aloft is very modern and is part of the Milaneo mall but the hotel entrance is on Heilbronner Street. Our room on the third floor overlooked the main street but due to excellent glazing there was no street noise whatsoever. The room itself is spacious, very clean with an extremely comfortable bed and comes with safe, kettle for tea/coffee, fridge and TV with multi-channels including UK Sky News.

The hotel personnel were all very helpful and friendly. Checking in and out was totally hassle free.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Aloft and, indeed, the city of Stuttgart and we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

Room tip: Going by the standard of our room all rooms will probably be excellent
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jcrichton
Armin H, General Manager at Aloft Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2016

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your positive Review, much appreacited!

We are glad to hear that you had a good time with us and we are proud to read that you would recommend us without hesitation, that is awesome!

Hope to have you back again soon

Reviewed 20 July 2016

- Non stop smiles and greetings from hotel guests who happily hussled through their steps to promptly attend to both simple and more complex requests. They made us feel extremely welcome. Friendliness: 10+/10
- Cleanness: room was very clean and tidy: 10/10
- Room setup and layout: no door from sink or cupboard from where the beds are, so for couples who happen to be light sleepers; do expect an interrupted sleep pattern if either of you tend to wake up earlier or hit the washroom midnight.
Room ambiance:
a- We booked 2 adjacent rooms that we changed once through our to a higher floor due to outrageous very high music that goes throughout the night. So go for a high floor and silence would be your friend.
b- out of the 4 rooms only 1 room seemed to have a fair to decent Air Conditioner. I asked for a fan or a portable AC, but we received a useless device that whatever air it brought out was weaker than the reflected air from mouth blowing at a wall.
Hence overall room ambiance and feel: 6/10
Beds: Extremely comfortable and both mattress and pillow sink in to hug you into sleep; if that is in winter or combined with an effective AC, I would have significantly upscaled the rating; Beds Comfort: 9/10; excluding ambient temperature and AC performance issues.
- Bathroom: Very sleek, modern style and neat. Only downside is that the bathroom's sliding door doesn't give complete privacy. Also Water flow rate could be enhanced a bit more 8.5/10
- Convenience; No room service, but on the lobby's floor there is a small mart with few decent selections if you are hungry at night or feel like munching on something. Also the bar caters some few hot snacks. So; I would say 8/10
Hotel is placed in a mall, so accessibility to grocery, food court, etc is very convenient.; hence accessibility: 10/10
- Car Parking was extremely expensive I believe as it cost EUR 25/night if you park in the mall's indoor parking. I honestly didn't seek an alternative, so you might consider some outdoor parking if available within the vicinity of the premises. Accessibility goes for a -1
Did not spend much time roaming Stuttgart, hence not sure about the location in contrast with neighboring activities, entertainment, downtown, etc.

Room tip: High floor; lower ones are very noisey Ask for a room with a very effective AC to avoid hot sleepless nights.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ABebars

Hi there,

Thank you so much for praising our talents! Great to hear and it will make the Team proud and help them to continue in delivering a genuine smile.

We are sorry to read that the room felt a bit too warm during your stay. Each room is equipped with a Thermostat allowing for a personlized temperature setting in the room. During your stay Stuttgart reached temperatures above 35 Degrees in which the A/C could not handle to drop ist temperature below 23 degrees.

As the Hotel does not operate a car park, the parking rates of EUR 25 per night are reliant on the Operator of the public parking in the Shopping Mall. For alternative Options we can recommend the Public parking near the UFA Movie Theater, just a few hundert meters from the Hotel are far lower Prices.

We hope to have you back again very soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed 18 July 2016

Arrived at the hotel and was told it was overbooked and I had to stay somewhere else even though I am a starwood gold member. They knew already the whole day that they where overbooked and that I was being walked but didn't contact me. If they would have contacted me before 18.00 I could have just cancelled and go and book another hotel.

After I gave my Credit Card because of a refund what the receptionist said they charged my card for the whole amount of the room ! 144 euros for not staying in the hotel !?! Because they booked a room at the close by Mercure. Well if I want to go to the Mercure I would have booked it myself for 85 Euro 2 weeks ago but I'm not interested in the Mercure. Now I'm sitting in the Mercure (after been given wrong driving instructions) in a shabby room I don't want for 60 euro more then the normal price and no breakfast, for my this is outrageous. I have done tons of travel. Have been walked a few times but always been treated great.

Free hotelroom including breakfast, free parking, apologies from the acting manager and some points. Well not at the ALOFT in Stuttgart. There they treat you like garbage and put you somewhere where they want but you still pay Aloft prices. How great is that ......

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Busy_Traveller_1972
Armin H, General Manager at Aloft Stuttgart, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Dear Guest,

We sincerely regret having had to walk you to our competitor Hotel next door. We do apologize for this and surely would have loved to have you with us.

I trust that after our detailed telephone conversation last week we came to a satisfying solution and truly hope to regain you back as a valued SPG Member.

With best regards