“Really nice restaurant”

Ranked #23 of 259 Restaurants in Ulm
Price range: US$11 - US$23
Cuisines: German, Central European, European
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The oldest restaurant in Ulm (the street is named after it); good, and popular with both locals and tourists. The name means "The Crown" in English.
Ulm, Germany
“Really nice restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I was there with my work collegues and it was a really nice evening. The waitress are nicd, the food was really tasty. I took a roast goose and it was really good, also the knödel i had in my life I think. This place is really a good reference in Ulm.

1 Thank ktulm

Munich, Germany
“Oldest Restaurant in Town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

We were just driving through and found this restaurant for dinner. We were looking for some good German fare and we found it. The service was great. The waitress was able to recommend some of the local favorites and the food was delicious. I've not had much German fare to know what to compare it to, but we really liked everything. I had the putenbrust with spaetzel. It was interesting to see some of the original stone walls inside the restaurant. Funny thing was the restroom downstairs - original stone again and very unique. Check it out. One of the best parts was the location. Go around the corner and down the cobblestone street just a little bit and you will see 'the crooked house' - so cool.

• Visited October 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Search out this excellent restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012 via mobile

Were directed here by our hotel. Restaurant was very busy and obviously very popular. Food was quick and very good - high quality German fare! Would definately return given the opportunity!

1 Thank Peter B
Ancona, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,665 helpful votes
“The oldest restaurant in Ulm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

Very good food, with lots of local specialities - Spätzle, for example - as well as more familiar things, and excellent beer, which when I was there a foursome of otherwise respectable-looking old ladies at a table in the corner near the window were knocking back in startling quantities from huge glasses.

I liked the general atmosphere there too. i'm pretty sure you can eat and drink outside in summer, but I was there in February and everybody was inside, in a generously-sized, low-ceilinged room, with tables at a decent distance from one another round the edge - so it's not cramped.

The Krone's on the edge of the mediaeval quarter, the Fischerviertel. It claims to be the oldest restaurant in Ulm, and I can easily believe it. In fact I'd guess the street it's on - the Kronengasse - got given its name because of the inn.

Good service, helpful people, and there's a menu in English. Incidentally, "ravioli" on the English menu doesn't mean Italian-type ravioli, as I first thought - it's a translation of Spätzle.

2 Thank ELear