We have stayed in many excellent hotels over many years but this is simply the best in every possible respect. More so because it is privately owned. It is quite a large hotel but has managed to keep an intimacy which makes guests feel immediately at home and GENUINLY welcome. The staff, all dressed in local costume, could not be more friendly and could not do enough for the guests. The weather was not great during our stay in May and one evening, as we sat in the comfortable lounge, a passing waitress noticed us and immediately came and lit the log fire without any prompting from us.On another occasion, when the car park was unusually full, the previous owner who still lives on the premises, noticed and offered us a place in his own garage! - it is this attention to detail that sets this hotel apart from any we have known. As for the food and facilities, they are wonderful. Breakfast offers everything you could desire, beautifully fresh. Dinner is a 5 course meal, with a super starter buffet and delicious varied courses to follow. And the afternoon cakes complete the gastronomic delights! The hotel has wonderful facilities - 2 pools, sauna, fitness suite, beauty suite, children's playroom and billiard room.and it was a joy to swim in the outside pool, accessed directly from inside, so no shivering on the edge, with the lovely grounds and the snow capped mountains in the background. Our Alpenrose room was 34 sq. metres (large!) with loads of storage space, a large and comfortable lounge area and balcony overlooking the grounds. The area has lots on offer - Salzburg, half an hour away, stunning Königsee, mountain walks etc.
We cannot recommend the Alpenhof too highly. And its prices half board are very reasonable. You will not be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are already existing many extravagant 4-star hotels. And all of them outdo each other in architecture and facilities. The Alpine hotel Alpenhof falls out of the ordinary with its exeptional offers and its special familiar ambiance. The special way to relax and enjoy makes the Alpenhof to an outstanding place of rest and peace. We call LUXURY our unique location and the dreamlike tranquility. We wish you a lot of fun while exploring our on-line offer and do not hesitate to ask us any open questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HRS, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alm- And Wellnesshotel Alpenhof
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden