We stayed here for six nights as a base location for visiting National Park Berchtesgaden, Salzburg, and the Salzkammergut. This is a great hotel. It is located in a meadow away from most of the buildings in the little towns near by, and it's a very quiet and peaceful setting, yet it's still close enough to the major attractions in the area to use as a good base of operations.
We were warmly welcomed upon arrival, and shown to our comfortable and very clean room (a Jenner 2, deluxe double room with roof terrace). It was exactly what we were hoping for. The room was well equipped with everything advertised, including enough fresh fruit to keep us in snacks for a few days. The cleaning staff did a great job of making up the room each day and it was always kept very clean. The roof terrace had a lovely view over them meadow and we could see the surrounding mountains quite well. The room was divided into three sections: a foyer/entryway, with a huge wardrobe that easily held our massive array of luggage and clothing, a sleeping area, and a sitting area with a sectional sofa and television. There was a door to partition off the foyer from the sleeping area, and heavy curtains between the sleeping area and the sitting area. There were also curtains between the sitting area and the large roof terrace. It made our room feel like more of a little apartment than just a hotel room.
We ate dinner in the hotel most nights. There is a large a la carte menu in addition to the nightly half board menu. There is also a salad bar that you can eat from each night. The food was decent, though nothing special. The soups tended to be quite good, and there were a couple of very good appetizer courses, but the main dishes were just ok, though for the price, they were more than adequate. The atmosphere in the restaurant was quite nice - cozy and comfortable and welcoming. The staff did an excellent job.
The breakfast buffet in the morning was quite extensive and very good. Dozens of fresh breads and pastries, cheeses, smoked and cured meats, cereals, yogurts, scrambled eggs, fresh fruits, dried fruits, juices, coffee and tea. It was a great way to prepare for a day of touring.
We didn't use any of the pool or spa features of the hotel. We did walk down to the gym area and it was as good as or better than many hotel gyms we've seen. There was also a big game room to enjoy. The wireless internet worked well the entire time we were at the hotel.
We'd definitely recommend a stay here. Our only slight disappointment was the food at dinner, but the rest of the experience made up for that in spades.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There are already existing many extravagant 4-star hotels. And all of them outdo each other in architecture and facilities. The Alpine hotel Alpenhof falls out of the ordinary with its exeptional offers and its special familiar ambiance. The special way to relax and enjoy makes the Alpenhof to an outstanding place of rest and peace. We call LUXURY our unique location and the dreamlike tranquility. We wish you a lot of fun while exploring our on-line offer and do not hesitate to ask us any open questions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HRS, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alm- And Wellnesshotel Alpenhof
- Alm- & Wellnesshotel Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden
- Alpenhof Hotel Berchtesgaden