“Very Enjoyable”
Review of Cafe Am Luitpoldpark - CLOSED

Cafe Am Luitpoldpark
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Italian, Austrian, Cafe, Mediterranean, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very Enjoyable”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We went based on the reviews here and are pleased to confirm the good things already said.

We were welcomed at the door by a very pleasant waitress who was sweetness and charm personified, and who chatted to us for a few minutes whilst a table became free. Later on, given her obvious networking and organising skills, we came to believe she must be the owner, so good on her for doing a great job.

The menu was varied, reasonably priced and rather unusually came with a salad buffet. My wife liked that as she could get exactly what she wanted and I liked it as I didn't get presented with a plate I wouldn't eat. The mains we had were as good as we'd hoped, so no complaints at all.

As a dessert, please try the Watzmann-becker. It's a huge ice-cream and fruit dish, which we shared between two, but it could easily feed three or even four. It came out from the kitchen with a roman candle spouting a flame about two feet high, much to everyone's amusement.

The restaurant was full and is the only place we remember where some guests (from different tables) were nice enough to say goodbye on their way out.

A very pleasant experience and well worth going very slighly out of the old town centre for.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank brigadoon

Fenton, Missouri
“Fantastic Dinner!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I went to the Cafe Am Luitpoldpark upon the recommendation of Andre at Hotel Bavaria. He picked a winner for me! Even on a snowy Sunday night, the restaurant was 3/4 full. Service was very prompt and friendly. I had the "Waldmann's Heil" (Goulash with spaetzele, gravy, cream sauce, and raspberry sauce). The presentation was excellent, and the taste of everything was fantastic! I told my waitress that it was as good as the goulash that my mom makes. The salad buffet (included) was also great, with a wide selection of items. Not an American style salad buffet, but tasty German salad items.

A good value for dinner, the entree and a 1/2 liter of beer came to 17,40 Euros. Next time I'm back in Berchtesgaden, I'll be back!

Visited on 10/28/12

• Visited October 2012
Berlin, MA USA
“Great food with nice view”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Outdoor seating was great. The food was excellent. We got pasta with pesto and it was well prepared. service was excellent.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carl16
Haifa, Israel
“Good athmosthere”
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Good atmosphere,Food is not perfect,but good enough.Also salads free buffet is nice.
Clean, fast service.

• Visited September 2012
Dilbeek
“Great dinner at the Luitpoldpark”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

In july-august we went by car to visit Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Bosnia-Herzegovina and back again, by Austria and Germany, (2 adults and 2 teenagers) preparing everything at the last moment with Tripadvisor.

At this restaurant we had a really excellent meal!

• Visited August 2012