See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 February 2017

The Denninglehen is my go-to place in the Berchtesgaden area. I have stayed there many times over the years - and have taken most of my family there to include my elderly parents. My family all loves it, from young adults to Grandmother and Grandfather.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff has always been friendly to me. The prices are reasonable. Breakfast is good. Cold beer on the patio at night is the entertainment. Rooms are quiet. There is a lift.
Denninglehen is a little out of the way, but it is worth it. The view down the valley is wonderful.
For Americans, remember you aren't in America. Respect the German people and their language. Buy a phrase book or take a course before traveling there. If they were traveling to a small town in America - you wouldn't expect a small family-owned American hotel staff to speak German, would you? Therefore at least attempt their language and be prepared to ask the basic questions in German. Buy Rick Steves' translation book - I used it during my first trip there and had no problems.
If you plan to be the rude American - please stay away and don't ruin it for the rest of us. I will continue to stay here over and over.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here, we had to leave the hotel as it was that disgusting. We booked into another hotel. The room was filthy, there was no way my 10 year old son and I were going to be sleeping in a bed when it hadn't bees washed from the previous occupiers. The room had a smell of stale sweat. The sink and shower had not been cleaned either. You couldn't pay me to stay there.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Awsome place to be in berchestgarden....better to reach by own car. Awsome food and great staff. Remind the staff to make the pool ready 4 hours before if you wana use it.Do visit konigsee lake and salt mines which are nearby

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

This hotel isn't bang centre Berchtesgaden (5-10min drive away) which is ideal if you love to retire early, sit outside with a homemade cocktail and take in the most breathtaking views! The room decor is a good 7/10 , but the cleanliness, staff, and location more than make up for it! Breakfast on the terrace is a real treat (need I mention those view again?) however, expect a rather basic supper/snack menu. Overall this place gets a pretty high rating, will probably be back :))

Room Tip: 1. Rooms with the best views need to be booked months in advanced. 2. I highly suggest a rose-based cocktail on the terrace, simply divine!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

My brother and I decided to go off on a hiking trip. We were so pleased when we got to the hotel. The room had an amazing view and it was comfortable. Swimming pool with a mountain view was a perfect start for the day as well. Only tried the breakfast in the hotel which was plentyful and tasty. This was a pre season visit and the place was peaceful and quiet. Perfect if you are looking for a quick getaway from the busy days. 10/10

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family