“Very recommended!”

Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Berchtesgaden
Hod Hasharon, Israel
“Very recommended!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a family room that was big and comfortable. The hotel is very clean. Owners are so nice and helpful with tours snd restsurants. Breakfast was excellent- big and tasty. The view around is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We only couod stay one night but I wish it could have been more. Very comfortable bed, exvellent barhroom and an outstanding breakfast buffet. Great view of the mountains from our balcony. Would definitely go there again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We had such a wonderful experience at Hotel Bavaria. The staff is kind, rooms are comfortable and cozy, breakfast is very nice, and it is located within a short walk to town. I am giving only four out of five because I felt our room was inferior to that of our friends who booked after us and paid the same price. Ours was smaller on the street with a small shower stall and they had a large room with balcony and mountain view, a large tub. I don't mind if rooms are different, but this was a big difference and it was a nice room, just feel like they are not equivalent for the price.
Hotel does have good and free internet connection.

Room Tip: Request room with balcony or patio.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

One of the most memorable places I've had the good fortune to stay at would be Hotel Bavaria. The owners are warm, friendly, accommodating & happy to help. The guest house is well situated within walking distance from the bus & train station (yet not that close that it would cause any disturbance), is clean with large beds (always appreciated) &, has a continental breakfast as good as any, if not better than, some of the four & five star hotels I've stayed in. Having been put onto its location by my all knowing travel agent on my first trip to Europe, the place has now become a necessary detour on all subsequent trips to Europe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Lafayette, La.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have taken yet another group to the Hotel Bavaria in Berchtesgaden, and once again my group of 11 voted it the best hotel of our journey. We made it our base of operations for 4 nights, visiting the lake country around Salzburg, the city of Salzburg and the Obersalzburg area, including the Documentation Center depicting the rise and fall of the Third Reich.
However, the jewel of the hotel is the management and staff, which attended to our every needs during our stay with them. Petra, Wolfgang, and Andrea made all the difference in the world when it came to making our visit with them memorable. The buffet breakfast is the best I've seen at a 3 star hotel. The town of Berchtesgaden is one of the friendliest I have ever visited. Good eating places throughout the town means you don't have to walk far for your meals.
This hotel has become my home whenever I visit that area from now on.
Petra, Wolfgang and Andrea, thanks again for another wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Simply stay at this hotel...all rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A very nice hotel in Berchtesgaden! The hotel is well located and in a very classic German style. The price is quite reasonable for the area. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms, and despite its small size it was very clean and tidy. The room had a comfortable bed, nice balcony, and a good bathroom. Very quiet and restful night of sleep.

The breakfast was quite good and the breakfast room was very welcoming.

The best part of the hotel is the staff. Apparently the hotel has been run by the same family for over 100 years and they clearly have a talent for it. The man who welcomed me was so friendly and accommodating. I was on a bicycle tour and he took good care of my bicycle and kept it safe and dry indoors overnight. He gave me excellent directions in the morning as well as a map of downtown Salzburg (my destination for that evening).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in one of the romantic rooms. It was very clean and nicely decorated.
However I expected a bit more from the whirlpool which was allright.
The breakfast was excellent, so all in all it was a really nice stay.

Stayed April 2014