“Wonderful Guesthouse!”
Review of Gastehaus Neu

Gastehaus Neu
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oberammergau
Gastehaus Neu
Ranked #9 of 14 Oberammergau B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 November 2009

My daughter, sister and I stayed at the holiday house run by Anton and Penny Neu just a few weeks ago. The guesthouse was our favorite accomodation on our 2 week trip to Germany and Austria. The guesthouse is right by the river and you can see the ski runs and the beautiful Bavarian Alps from the front porch or the bedroom balcony. Penny told us about several local celebrations which we were able to participate in easily. Breakfast rolls and pretzels were provided early every morning in a box for pickup at our leisure.

We could not have been happier with the large holiday house and the friendly service that Penny and Anton provided. We hope to go back and stay when we are in Germany again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank jammycm

Reviewed 17 September 2009

Spent two nights at Pension Neu and we couldn't have asked for better accommodations. The proprietor was delightful and the location great. Value was even better!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank nosaint1
Reviewed 7 September 2009

This is a terrific guesthouse, in a perfect location with very helpful hosts. The room was lovely, the view was breathtaking, breakfast was plentiful, and the hosts were very friendly and helpful. This is probably the best value accommodation I have ever stayed at.

This is one of the most beautiful areas I have ever visited in my life and I really didnt want to leave. I would definately like to stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Aus-wonderers
Reviewed 20 August 2009

Penny & Anton are brilliant hosts, with local knowledge of where to go & what to see. Their breakfasts are great & are always willing to advice when needed. They are situated 5 mins from the centre which is great for meals & evenings out!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2009

My husband and I spent our first night in Germany at Gastehaus Neu. Unfortunately, with our late booking of the room, we were unable to stay there for additional days. Oberammergau is a beautiful and charming town and Penny and Anton Neu were wonderfully helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Clean, comfortable, and affordable, with an incredible view (from my room/balcony). Penny was friendly and helpful. Oberammergau is a beautiful, cozy place, and this was the most enjoyable leg of my trip. I will be staying here again if I'm ever in the area.

Be sure to see Schloss Linderhof and its grounds - gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2009

This was my first experience at a Bed and Breakfast and it was a great one. Penny and Anton are fabulous people who made our stay very enjoyable. Breakfast was ready as we walked in the dining area every morning. Penny also checked our daily itinerary and made great suggestions to get the most out of our visit to the area. The establishment was very clean, comfortable, and located in a great spot. My wife and I enjoyed our stay at this B&B very much and we strongly recommend it. This was one of the highlights of out trip to Germany.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple