“Waiter was so grumpy that he was already funny”

Hotel Alte Post Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 55 Restaurants in Oberammergau
Cuisines: German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location of this restaurant is fantastic. Sitting outside in the sun is just nice.
The waiter did not have his best day but we felt for him. He clearly did not like when we first did not and then did want the menu. Same when we asked to pay with card.
The food was average. Tasty, but clearly prepared long time before.
In total it was all right but we are not so sure if we want to return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We visited this hotel several times because we felt the quality of food for the price was exceptional. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Parking lot in the back was very convenient in a town where parking is difficult.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has two menus. One for Germans and one for Russians. No other languages under German. Guess they just work with Russians only. And the German menu had as twice as much as the Russian menu.

On my request whether I could choose something from the German menu I got a very bad look saying that they have no time to translate. They called another waiter who said he didn't speak any of my languages, even if I heard he spoke English at one table and Russian at another.

We just paid for our beere and left the place.

100mt away we found another great welcoming restaurant from where I'm writing this. Will not mention exactly where, there are many places actually. So no one thinks it s a matter of competition.

Never seen so much racism in the area with such unwelcoming people. I presume they just presell their packages. It's only good to have a beer outside. It's right in the center of the city.

Only a man who has no respect for himself can eat there.

Awful.

June 13, 2018.
8.40 PM
Russian family with a 3yo baby. Watching into an ipod.

So you can recognize us.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Great location right at the main square. Had a lovely meal served by the most cutest old gentleman.

Reasonable prices and free wifi!

Just be prepared to pay with cash as in many restaurants in Oberammergau.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

All the food we had was good. A little disappointing was that the daily special (veal) was out at 6:30 pm. However, the service was a bit grumpy and inattentive. I would have ordered a second beer, but there was no chance to order it before the dessert...