“One of the best in Oberammergau”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Boeld

Hotel Boeld
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Oberammergau
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Oberammergau”
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in a great many hotels in Oberammergau through the years but this was a new one to me and it is excellent. Lovely rooms, well appointed, very friendly staff, super fast wireless internet and excellent breakfast. Very highly recommended.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Zulusthousandsofem

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Greek first
Florida
Reviewed 29 September 2013

After a cold and rainy night of traveling from Salzburg, Austria to Oberammergau first by train then by bus, the Ringhotel Landhotel Boeld was the perfect place to warm up, rest, and re-energize. We arrived at the hotel pretty late in the evening, and we were very hungary. Not only did we receive a very warm welcome, but we were also able to eat dinner in their restaurant. I didn't have hopes for the food, but I was pleasantly surprised! The food and the drinks were superb! I ordered fish, which was so fresh I couldn't believe it.

My room was so clean. Cleanliness is a big thing for me, so that is the first thing I noticed. The room was also large. I was greeted with a bottle of water, a small pack of candy, and a nice letter that was specifically addressed to me. The bathroom was very spacious and had a gigantic shower, which I loved! And the view from my room was so great. I could see the mountains, and there was a small balcony that I was able to stand on.

This was a really great hotel to stay at. I am really looking forward to visiting them again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I stayed here for two weeks whilst at a course at a nearby school, and i was not disappointed.
The hotel itself is typical Bavarian, the rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff are pleasant and only to happy to help.
The food is very good, again typical Bavarian food but with a bit of love, breakfast in particular is perfect.

Located near the center of the town, you are in perfect walking distance of everything.
Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Lewbo85
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 8 September 2013

A warm welcome from the moment I arrived. The rooms are very comfortable, as good as many 4* places I have stayed in (particularly when you include the smart sauna) and the ambiance of the whole place is relaxing. There is a good variation at breakfast and the restaurant provides good food at a good price. It is used by a lot of coach trips, but if you are not one of them this will not in anyway impact on your enjoyment of this great hotel and lovely town.

Room Tip: The church is close by and the bells ring out every 15 minutes, even during the night. Maybe less of...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neil W
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful with great customer service. It's located in Oberammergau with a short drive or walk to the NATO School. The hotels' restaurant is very beautiful with delicious and good priced meals. Although schnitzel cordon blue was not on the menu, the chef made it for me. Their breakfast has a great variety of choices. I will definitely come back here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Steinwenden, Germany
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Cozy and comfortable hotel. Hotel personnel is very well trained, friendly and speak very good English.
The restaurant provides very good local (Bavarian) food and the service is just great.
Next time if looking for hotel in Oberammergau this is the most smart and valuable choice.
The only minus (almost a "showstopper") is the lack of window blinds, my room was towards east so I was fully awaken at sunrise, which is not that bad for me but should be an option...

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the sunset... If you don't want to wake up at sunrise.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Antonio L
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have been a number of times in Oberammergau but this hotel is the best. Spacious rooms, friendly staff and a wonderful terrace to relax after a workday. Last year I took my wife for a weeklong stay. She loved the view, breakfast and the special Bayern pass allowing her to explore the surroundings by bus. I love the Wiener Schnitzel on the menu. This past July I stayed for a few days and loved it equally much. Then forgot to pack my jacket. Without any trouble, the hotel staff send me the jacket by mail (to the US). Wonderful people and great atmosphere.
I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building - over the restaurant - overlooking the Kofel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business