“Great food, great prices and great staff”
Review of Zur Tini Weinstube

Zur Tini Weinstube
Ranked #18 of 51 Restaurants in Oberammergau
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Great food, great prices and great staff”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

I volunteered to find a restaurant for our group of 16 visiting Oberammergau for the Passion Play. We were there in late June. After discussing several restaurants with the staff at our hotel, I made a reservation for dinner during the play's intermission. Since I had time the day before our reservation, I had lunch at Zur Tini. It was outstanding!! Although they were quite busy, they asked if I minded joining someone at a table (I was by myself). It was fine with me, although I wasn't sure if I would find English speaking tablemates, as there were clearly several "locals" lunching at the time I was there. I was seated with a couple visiting from northern Germany; the wife spoke excellent English. She said it was their favorite restaurant whenever they were in the area. They had taken a chance and found play tickets at the last minute, and they were having lunch prior to the play. They said the food was authentic German and they have recommended the restaurant often. So, I ordered the same thing as the lady, sliced loin of pork. It was delicious; I especially liked the salad plate. Like many in Germany, it contained several types of vegetable salads. One was lettuce, one carrot, one cucumber, and a potato salad. We all enjoyed apple strudel, which was also delicious.

My favorable impression of the restaurant, backed by "the locals", made me confident our group would enjoy the next day's meal. While were were unable to order off the regular menu because of the size of our group and the number of people being served, all of the choices were liked by our group. In one variation or another, everything on the "group menu" was ordered. I believe there were five choices for entrees and three choices of dessert. Our server was excellent, as was the food.

The only slight concern was the close quarters in the restaurant. And not unlike many restaurants in Germany, the warm days made dining inside a bit uncomfortable. But we were happy to have gotten a reservation for so many people with just a day's notice.

I would highly recommend this restaurant and wouldn't hesitate to go there again if I am in the area.

3 Thank bgonner

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
“We had dinner here during the Passion...”
Reviewed 25 September 2010

We had dinner here during the Passion Play intermission. We were able to eat outside, as the weather was nice.

The staff was top notch. The food was excellent plus, the day we had dinner they had a daily specials menu. Service was quick, even though we had a group of 7.

1 Thank gatorzzzz