Staudacherhof
  • Pool
Riessersee Hotel(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$246
US$212
Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$104
Das Graseck - my mountain hideaway(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$326
US$309
Travelocity
All reviewsindoor and outdoor poolscourse dinnerpanorama saunaspa facilitiesguest comfortexcellent spacomfortable bedsmountain viewboutique hotelpublic areasquiet neighborhoodwellness areahalf boardthree nightsbreakfast buffet iswonderful hoteldesires
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was travelling with my mom back from Austria to Germany and needed a place to stay for one night. I happened across the Staudacherhof online and booked a room the prior night not really knowing what the full amenities were offered by the hotel. My priorities were free internet access, parking, and a pool. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. The staff was very friendly and courteous. The pools and spa area were serene and fit naturally into the surroundings. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and offered all the ammenities of a top-rated hotel, while maintaining a quaint and intimate feel. Unfortunately, I did not realize dinner was included so did not partake (but they gave me a credit for this). The breakfast was fabulous and offered everything you could possibility want (even for a vegetarian such as myself). Also, the center of town is only a short walk from the hotel. Unfortunately, we only had time to stay one night but I will definitely return in the future for a longer period of time...can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in August 2011. Our group included my husband and me, our two young children aged 2 and 4, our nanny, and my parents. The four of us stayed in the Garden Suite while my parents stayed in a junior suite on the top floor. Both rooms were great. The Garden Suite has a huge terrace with your own lounge chairs, a large table that can seat 6 guests, and is right around the corner from the pool and play ground. It is very convenient to be able to walk right out your terrace and reach the pool. We ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel nearly every day and I can tell you that the food is excellent and there is a wide variety to serve all tastes. Also in the evening it is so nice to have a cocktail outside or enjoy a drink at the bar. I toured all of the other highly-rated properties in Garmisch and the Staudacherhof was by far the best. The location is close walking distance to town as well as to the hiking trails. And, being a family owned hotel, there is that extra attention to the guests that is rare to find. I would happily stay here again.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GothamAdventurer
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay at the Sttaudacherhof Hotel very much, good breakfast, great dinner (also vegetarians), nice clean rooms, nice wellness area and spa facilities, good treatments and service was outstanding! The hotel is place central, good starting place for walks!
Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Not the best hotel in town but this nice and cozy typical bavarian hotel was a very good surprise. The atmosphere of the city helps a lot, the super friendly staff makes you feel really confortable and the service quality was outstanding. The only downside is the wellness area, wich is not bad but is not impressive as well and the lack of room amenities, like a minibar, wich didn' miss at all.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DandanRiodeJaneiro
Reviewed 30 September 2010

I guess I had very high hopes after reading about this hotel in my travel book, and then reading these reviews on Trip Advisor. It's not as if I had an unpleasant stay here. Far from it. Perhaps my expectations were set a bit too high.

I had a good-sized single room (Einzelzimmer deluxe). The bed was quite comfortable; the balcony was heaven, with several tall trees to give me privacy. But the room felt a little....um, "faded" to me. It just didn't feel like a 4-star hotel room.

Still, the staff were pleasant and helpful. I did not partake of the dinners, so can't comment on that. The breakfast was very good! I also did not partake of the "wellness" choices they had. So, maybe I was just not the typical Staudacherhof guest??

As much as I easily enjoyed my stay, I doubt I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo