“Good hotel”

Staudacherhof
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good hotel”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We spent some time at the Staudacherhof, four star, food and staff excellent rooms are good various options available e .g. standard, suite's etc, has all the amenities you would expect sauna, steam room, swimming pool. expensive sometimes have special deals. I guess what makes this hotel apart from high standards is the friendliness of the staff. Takes approximately 10/15 minutes to walk to the town centre.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J L
Dear Gerald.

Thank for your feedback and many regards from Garmisch.

The Staudacher family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We really enjoyed our stay. Most friendly & helpful staff. Food excellent, gourmet menus. Breakfasts were a feast, huge choices. The Spa was enjoyable & the garden a relaxing area.
Our room was large,excellent, comfortable & the bathroom with separate toilet perfect, loved the patio area. The children were very happy & they were received in a friendly manner, they felt at home.I certainly would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LesWagner
Dear LesWagner.

Thank you for your recommandation and your feedback. We appreciate it very much.

Best regareds from Garmisch-Partenkirchen

The Staudacherhof Family & Team
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

Based on recommendations from my Garmisch friends I recently recommended the hotel and spa to a friend and her daughter. During her four days stay she liked everything very much except the food. So, today I went with great expectations and was really looking forward to a relaxing day at the spa. This was in many ways nice but in other ways such a disappointment. The spa facilities are lovely. However, the spa management was quite sloppy today - or more correctly, didn't exist. First, my schedule of treatments, which had been sent to me a few days before, was messed up, but the cosmetician fixed it. In the lovely room with the waterbeds nobody bothered to light the fireplace until I went and asked for it. It was up to me to find the outdoor sauna and the waterbed room. The young lady in the spa reception didn't know her way round and made no real effort to find out. I had to go to the hotel reception myself in my bathrobe to get someone to show me around. The spa toilet was quite dirty and that didn't change throughout the five hours I spent in the spa area. I hope this situation was an exception as I intend to try the lovely facilities spa again, hopefully to find the place for regular day-holidays.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ingrid W
Peter S, Leitung Spa-Management at Staudacherhof, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Ingrid.

The qualitiy manager already talk to me - your complaint were forwarded imediately. Our first job is to create you very special hours in our spa - let dreams come true. It makes me sad, that we missed it. I am very sorry.
Great, that our cosmetican Lana could give you a better feeling.
Just a litte note. The young lady at the spa-reception was a student for two days, just to see how a Spa is runnig. It was a missunderstandig, that she was alone at the desk. Sorry for that.

We alredy send you by post a voucher for the next spa day. I am convinced, that your next trial will be a succsessful.

Best regards
Anja Appel
Spa-Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I just do not know how to start this review as I do want to be fare and I do no want to mislead any of our fellow travellers... So lets first say what I liked and then the rest..

1.+We loved the room( Junior Suit ).Large room with a double bed,single bed and sofa.Lovely view from the balcony facing the mountains and the outdoor swimming pool. Can sleep up to 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 young children. Amazing bathroom with bath tube ,shower ,2 sinks and roof skylight.Lovely colour tiles,huge mirror. Toilet is in a separate small room with no window.Little halway with wall hanger.There are three doors in the halway as each one leads to the room,the bathroom and the toilet.

2. +Absolutely enjoyed the Lobby. Friendly Staff,good selection of drinks.Thank you Dustin,Zlatko and all of you.)))

3.+ Reception Staff was very friendly and try to help us in any possible way. Thanks to Maxmillian(Mexx) and Julia . You made our stay.)))

4. Thank you to Betty accommodation assistant.So friendly and so bright person.
5. This hotel has a great location as it is 5 min.walk to Garmish town centre and at the same time is 5 min.drive to the slops.

What we DID not like:

1.-My 2 emails went missing and we have to pay higher rate for the room.Poor email communication after all. Better ring the hotel.

2. The breakfast buffet was with large selection of salami and cheese but bacon,sausages and scrambled eggs were gone by 9.30.We had to ask for some and limited portions were given. One day even it was "no more left" at 9:45 ((( and my husband and our friend had to share by few pieces. Breakfast is till 10.30. Lack of friesh white bread.Esspesily in Germany.Such a disappointment.

3. We were 4 adults and 2 children but the table was set incorrectly day after day.On the third day I could not handle it any more as my child was left with having no cutlery and plate.Made a point of it and since then staff new it how to count to 6.))

4. For 6 nights the chef did not surprise us even once. The evening menu was nothing special. It was just avarage and the portions were extremely small. The last night we could not choose anything from a la Dote menu and ordered from a la Carte menu. I had fried trout served with 5 finger size potatoes for the cost of 28 euro(OMG this meal cost no more then 14 euro in a very good Bavarian Restaurant) The friend who we had with us is a manager in a German Restaurant so this is how we knew about the price. Our friend wanted to order a steak as the shnitsel he had was not enough for him( 2 small pieces of meat) and he was told sorry but the kitchen was closed 15min. ago. ((((That would be OK if we were asked to make last orders.

4.a. I do not know the name of the 2 men who serve in the restaurant but have to say they were extremely ignorant and even one of them made a funny faces behind my husband back addressing his choice of wine.

5.It is in the hotel policy light lunch,salads,pastries to be served from 1pm till 4pm. It would be great if LEFT OVERS from last night diner were not served for next day lunch. It was a such of embarrassing thing.

6.I booked a Lady Oriental day for myself and I have to say I do not know what I paid for. No assignment card was given to me for fill up. I was brought to the treatment room where given a mud and scrab ,shown the shower and told to do it myself and she would be back in 15 min. So I did it as I was told. Entered the shower cabin and within few minutes started itchiness in my eyes ,ears and troath. I could not keep my eyes openand I could not breath properly.That was the point I hade realised there should be some mint in the air. I AM ALLERGIC to mint. I got quickly out of the shower and run down stares to the girl Anya. She said she is so sorry. She left me waiting until she freshens the air in the room. Than she left me again on my own and came back in 15 min. I was fully charged for this treatment.

7. The room where the swimming pool is located is so smal and the ceiling is so down I nearly got claustrophobic.

Just a reminder that in Germany is something normal to go naked into steam bath ,sauna etc. Be prepared)))) I was not)))

Overall expirience was not grate. I tried to simply explain what happened to us without putting any emotional comments. This is our tird year in Allgau and I have to say so far Staudacherhof is a place to never go back or recommend to a friend.The hotel has its strong points but as I said it is a complex feeling and as my husband and myself really appreciate the good food and good service have to say Staudacherhof has lost us forever because of the RESTAURANT FOOD AND STAFF.

Thank you to all good staff in the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Ginela
Peter S, Inhaber at Staudacherhof, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Dear Ginela.

Thank you, that you took so much time in a review to your stay in our hotel and thanks again for your trial to be fair.
Great to read, that so many things met right up your expectation.
I am are very unhappy that our restaurant service is responsible for your dissatisfaction. Usually we reach specially there our highest scores. Now I try to answer as short as possible.

Breakfast: We serve breakfast untill 10.30 Uhr and even at 10.20 Uhr the buffet as well as the warm dishes will be filled up. Every single guest shall have the pleasure of a appropriate buffet. The buffet supervisor was not able to reconstruct how this could happend. She apologieses for that.

Service: The restaurantstaff really did a bad job in setting correctly the cutlery for your children - but after your german friends talk to me, I thought, the service was now correct. Sorry, if not. We talked every morning together - if there is something not correct - therefore I am every morning in the restaurant.

Spa: We checked the treatment services with a professional auditor and for cosmetic treatments like this no assignment cards are necessary. However - with our hotel quality management we worked on better information before starting the treatment.

My best regards
Peter Staudacher Owner and Host with passion
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in early winter. We booked a suite which was quite large with a nice sitting area, beautiful balcony, comfortable bed, and clean bathroom. The staff is all around extremely friendly and accommodating. Each time we would enter the hotel, they would welcome us by name. The communal lounge area is cozy and relaxing. There are couches, chairs, tables and a fire place. Once per week, they have a happy hour hosted by the family, in which complementary cocktail of the week is provided. The rates come with half board but in reality lunch is also included free of charge. There is a hearty breakfast buffet. At lunch time in the lounge, they put out a salad, soup and a few other warm entrees. In the afternoon, they offer a coffee/tea and cake service. The evening meal has appetizer, salad, soup and then the choice of four types of entrees. They have a decent wine selection as well. Of course up to this point, all of this makes the hotel wonderful. However, this is still enhanced by the excellent spa/sauna facilities. They have a pool, massage area, and several saunas. The sauna rooms are on par with a spa/bath facilities you would pay money for to attend for a day. After spending time in each of the saunas, you can end with an extreme relaxation experience lying covered up in a water bed listening to the sounds of waves through your own personal headphones. The entire stay at this hotel from beginning to end was superb and I will definitely be going to back for another enjoyable weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Doingstuff.

Thanks a lot for taking the effort to write such a detailed feedback.

We hope to be your host in Garmisch again.

Best regards

The Staudacher Family
Uden, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Reviewed 31 January 2013

This is a very nice establishment, very clean, cozy and comfortable. The staff is so kind and helpful on every aspect of your stay. Location is good, few minutes walk to the center of the town and the the foot of the Zugspitze.

Room Tip: the junior suite is spacious and beautiful