“Great Leberknodelsuppe”

Flosserstube
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I had hoped to dine at the Bistro Mukkef*** along the road, but it was closed on a Monday night. I wandered into the Flosserstube on chance, and enjoyed high quality Bavarian food from an extensive menu, complemented by good service and traditional surroundings. The leberknodel suppe was probably the best I have ever had, and the main course of very tender beef, potatoes and cabbage in a cheese sauce, was huge and very well cooked. It was also excellent value for money, and I shall definitely return on future visits to Garmisch.

1  Thank Moratin5

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The restaurant serves dishes from Bavarian cuisine and venison (e.g. deer). The portions (even child portions) are really big, so come hungry. Even very hungry.
I was there two times with big group of friends with children. We order different things and everyone was happy with his/her choice. i can recommend Brezel soup and deer steak. For very hungry people - schweine haxe or schweinebraten. Dishes from pane are also very good.
Prices were also good - ca. 10-12 EUR per dish (venison bit more expensive).
In high season the restaurant is quite busy, so better book the table in advance. If you'd like to try "schweine haxe" you'd better book it in advance as well as amount of this dish per day is limited.
Menu is available in German, English and Russian.
Service was really good and friendly also for foreigners with kids. I read about not very nice experience of the other travelers but my experience was different. Maybe because our waitress was also foreigner. When I'll be in Garmisch next time, I definitely will visit this place again.

1  Thank cathlea
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We have been there as a family with 2 children. The waitress was extremely rude in her communication, instead of answering our questions she screamed out her impatience and walked away. Next table to ours there was an older German couple which were treated by the same waitress differently. She was very suddenly smiling talking nicely instead of shouting to them. This clearly shows that foreign people are not welcome here and the owners seem not to understand that GP is full of tourists not only from German speaking areas! It is a shame as the food wasn't that bad but after such a bad experience with the waitress we couldn't enjoy it. The other annoying part were the flys flying around the food in this restaurant considering at this time that we have freezing conditions outside. Very disappointing experience! Never again!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

On a very busy post Christmas evening, Flosserstube was able to seat our party of 7 with swiftness and cheer. We all ordered different entrees, and I have to say sampling them was a treat. The Bretzel Soup was fantastic, and I want to make the recipe at home. Great variety of all the Bavarian specialties anyone could wish for, and attentive and kind wait staff. When we return to the GaPa we will eat there again as It's a very convenient location.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

We have eaten here several times before and have never been disappointed. Small restaurant with hunting lodge theme. Great variety of Bavarian specialties that are reasonably priced. Nice place to relax and enjoy an excellent meal