“Great Lunch on a drizzly day”
Review of Pflegersee

Pflegersee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a great lunch of huge portions of soup - both the potatoe and the lentil soup are delicious - and the children had a big plate of chips. Nice service and a traditional atmosphere.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This has to be one of my favourite places to go to!
The ambiance is fantastic! The cozy dining area is wonderful to enter into after a cold hike with the aromas of Bavarian food tantalising your senses!
The gentleman who serves, is a happy chap with a fantastic booming voice! He is kind and very helpful as I needed to ensure my food would be gluten free. The salad and meat were delicious!
We stopped for hot chocolate in the morning and lunch on our way back.
The surrounding area is fabulous for hiking and the scenery is lovely!
A must see and try!!

Reviewed 14 February 2013

Can be charming, but wait staff can be very rude. Food is OK, like most places in Garmisch. Setting is lovely but I don't recommend it because of the nasty waitress (and we were patient and nice.)

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We stumbled upon this beautiful restaurant whilst hiking around Garmisch. We decided to stop in and have lunch. The gentleman who served us was just lovely! Friendly, seemed kind and attentive. The interior was very clean, lovely warmth came from the old fashioned fires which were fed from the back. No smokers lurking at the door which was a Godsend for people like me with severe asthma. Everywhere you go in Garmische town there are tons of smokers!! Yuck!! Polluting!! But here at this lovely place- no smokers! Well not on the day we went! Seems a shame to pollute the air when many come for the fresh air!
We ordered lunch, Bockwurst and onion soup! Delish!!!! The food was fresh and hot when it arrived at our table. We have decided to visit once last time prior to waving Germany, for an early dinner as we want to experience an evening meal.
This lovely restaurant is surrounded by mountains and beautiful walks abound! I bet it is just lovely in summer! I think that will have to be our next trip back, in summer instead of winter.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

My husband and I found this restaurant upon the advice of a local. I was in search of homemade desert and a cup of cappuccino.

Upon arrival at the restaurant we found that they were not yet open and the staff was setting up for their special Friday night fondue service. They welcomed us in and accommodated our requests anyway. We were graciously served delicious cheesecake and cappuccino!

This restaurant is located at the end of a long and winding uphill-climbing road through the forest. They are located on a little lake with some mountain views. It was late in the afternoon and snowing when we visited and the scene was absolutely enchanting. You just have to see it for yourself.

The next time we visit, we will make sure and dine here. We only sampled desert on this trip, but we would like to enjoy a full meal at this little gem.