“Huge family room, good breakfast”
Review of Hostel 2962

and 1 more site!
Hostel 2962
Reviewed 24 November 2012

+4min from the train station
+5 min walking from city-center
+room for 5 enough for 12
+breakfast better than the average
+great queen-bedroom for couples
+feels like home

-found some trash below one bed and inside a vase
-heating system not working well in the kitchen
-reception closed at night and the lady forgot to provide us with the wi-fi password, so no internet access that night

small improvements to make it excellent but for only 20€/night pp it is a shame to complain

Room Tip: Tips not related to the hostel but is fair to mention: If you plan to go to the Zugspitze get rea...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fveit

Reviewed 12 November 2012

My son & I were the only two in a 4 unit dorm room. Since we traveled in November (off season), we had the entire place to ourselves. Our room was extremely clean, with a sink, 2 sets of bunk beds, 4 full size lockers & a balcony. Two bathrooms on our floor, one with shower. Towels provided. Breakfast additional for 8 euros each (we did not partake). Free parking in back. Staff was wonderful, price was great....17 euros/person. Good choice of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2012

They took my reservation via e mail and did not ask for a credit card to hold my room. Right there that was nice and polite that they take you by your word.
Check in was not a problem and my room was ready to go. Stayed in #5 as a single and its a unique set up as my room had a door to another room where there were two sets of bunkbeds so people would walk through my room to get to theirs. I was lucky in the way that I had my own space though. Only one night was there people in the room through mine.
Breakfast is typical German and is no way over priced for what you get. I know there are reviews about how its too much money for what you get, but the same reviews dont say what they were expecting. Besides, nobody was making you pay for the breakfast. On a side note, nobody was checking me to see if I paid to eat breakfast. My guess is someone would be able to just help them selves.
Location is great, rooms are clean and the price is right. I would stay there again and I give Hostel 2962 a 5 point review.

Room Tip: # 5 is a great room if you dont have people in the room behind yours.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This hostel felt like a hotel - our double room was no different than the rooms we had been getting at pensions. It's about the same rate, too. The sink in the room was really convenient and the balcony and view was just beautiful. There were two shared toilets on our floor (one was REALLY small), and one shower, but in two days I never had to wait for either to be free. The staff is helpful and present from about 7 am to 7 pm most days. Breakfast room is very modern and the food is plentiful and varied. Close to the train station.

Room Tip: There's a river in front of the hostel and mountains on all sides, so as far as views go, you ca...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I was a bit worried about staying in a hostel, but this place actually turned out wonderful. We stayed in the 5-8 room apt. There were 4 separate rooms with plenty of space. The kitchen was great and it even had a nice dining room table. Very clean. We stayed there with 5 people (3 singles and 1 couple) and had plenty of privacy. Breakfast wasn't too bad either.

The hostel is located really close to the train station and shopping and also has free parking if you drive.

The only cons to this room were: Two of the rooms didn't have doors and the stairs were a bit of a pain (located on the 3rd floor). There was also only a TV in 1 room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This is not a high end hotel but a clean and neat little spot close to the train station and about half-way between the town centers of Garmisch and Patrenkirchen. Our room happened to have a balcony with a view of the mountains which was quite nice. The beds were good and the bathrooms nice. Breakfast was fine in a nice and sunny room. The hotel itself was on a side street with a small front garden and a river across the street. We enjoyed our stay and the hotel staff was very kind and helpful!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here in March 2012 for a weekend skiing trip in Garmisch. It's really conveniently located just a few minutes from the railway station and the Zugspitzbahn and ski bus. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm room with a friend. The beds were very comfortable and the room and bath facilities were kept very clean. The free wi-fi was very fast. The breakfast buffet was decent and pretty good value at 6EUR. The staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends