“Our Best Meal in Garmisch”
Review of Reindl's

Reindl's
Cuisines: French, German
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed three nights in Garmisch-Partenkirchen and this was by far our best meal. There are certainly other places for big portions or cheap food but if you actually want to eat something delicious, this is the place. I would say the cuisine is more Continental than Bavarian and the menu is varied enough to certainly please everyone that enjoys fine dining. The maître d seemed to be very particular and we felt in good hands. I ordered, for example, the crepes Suzette for dessert and he prepared it for us table-side with such precision, such care that I couldn't help but applaud at the end, offering a, "Bravo!" We all enjoyed our meal, especially those in the party that enjoyed mushrooms. (It was 'Ceps' season and chanterelles were in abundance in many of the dishes.) Again, go somewhere else for hearty fare on a budget - dine here if you want to truly savor a special meal in this charming town.

1  Thank TheScarlett
There are newer reviews for Reindl's

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The restaurant has very good food but don't expect huge portions only a huge bill. Even by Swiss standards it is pricey and I didn't think their wines were particularly good. You can eat in the side room rather than the main restaurant, which is a bit cheaper, but I found that half the food options were unavailable and you ended up having to get the more expensive dishes as there wasn't a huge choice.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We sat outside in May and were serenaded by the sweet accordion player. All our food was great. This was a memorable evening with friends. Note: In Germany, kitchens close at 10PM. We were always closing the places down by arriving at 8:30PM. Reindl's is one that you want to try when in visiting the Bavarian Alps.

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

On unplanned visit to Garmisch Partenkirchen, my old friend take me to this French resto. He was recommended to try the fish soup from Riendl. The taste proved so delicious and fantastic and you wont regret choose it as un entree food. I choose combination of lamb and rabbit for my main menu and i am very satisfied with the taste. Menu size is not too big and i still could take some chocolate cake as dessert after all. The ambient so romantic and best place to have dining here with your love one. Staff is helpful and very polite and willingness to give you best recommendation of choosing the menu base on your requirement. Price is equivalent with the food taste and its environment.. You wont regret and for sure will bring unforgettable moment of spending your time here.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

There's quite a lot of authentic Bavarian Restaurants in Garmish so you're very spoilt for choice.

We popped in here for a dinner and weren't disappointed. I had the stuffed schitzel which was fantastic and my boyfriend had the zweibelrostbraten.

Fantastic food, great service and awesome atmosphere.