“Can't get same quality twice”
Review of Techmer'S

Techmer'S
Price range: US$29 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We dined here twice. We loved the quaint outdoor seating and had delicious burgers our first time. We saw another customer on way out and asked how were the ribs? They gave a thumb up! Well who can pass up BBQ ribs...returned next evening with anticipation of feast. The ribs looked great plated , but even my dog would have trouble getting the meat off the bones! Didn't even finish 1/2 of the platter. If the have the Texas flag up maybe they might want to try to reproduce any of the great BBQ in Texas! At least remove the silver skin under the rib! There's hint one on Texas BBQ! Left disappointed, hungry & paid full price for meal.....

2  Thank sudaniel

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Third visit over the years to this little steak house in Garmisch town centre. Nicely themed and lots of activity on the walls and ceilings. Menu offers good range of typical steak house fare e.g. steaks from various countries, ribs, burgers, crocodile and kangaroo.
Wife had the ribs which were huge! I chose the bison, which was tasty and cooked to perfection. Booking is advisable as it gets busy in the evenings with a steady flow of couples and families. The corn chowder as a starter was excellent and would recommend this harry dish to warm you after a day on the slopes - makes a change from the suppen on the mountains.
Service can be a little slow but it is a popular place. The food is always worth the wait though.
You can eat cheaper in Garmisch, but the quality of steak and the alternatives make it worthwhile.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Awesome service, great atmosphere, sat outside with friends, great prices and amazing food! I had the man's potato and OMG it was amazing!!! I love baked potatoes, but this was over the top in every way! It was topped with the most scrumptious pieces of marinated and slow-roasted pork pieces (grilled maybe?), onions, and some other types of meat with some kidney beans. It sounds like a heartattack in all, but it's totally healthy and yummy!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Nice food, good service and menu, would recommend to others. Ideal location in centre of town to take stroll to walk off those steaks!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We were wandering around Garmisch, ducking in and out of stores and shoppes for several hours. It was A bit too early for a regular BierHaus to be open so we found the only place that was open and ready to serve dinner. My wife saw the Texas flag and was both intrigued and cautions. After all, this is deep inside Germany, how close to Texas style cooking could it be.

Upon entering my wife commented on the fact that the owner must have some kind of connection to the state as portions of the motif are only recognizable to true Texans. Anyway, on to the food.

For drinks I ordered a Dunkel (Dark German Beer) my wife ordered a potent Raspberry something or other. Both drinks came quickly and were cold and refreshing. Our Bar Maid/Waitress was a friendly young lady who did her best with her English as I did my best with my German. Together we worked it all out.

We ordered the cowboy platter. It is a massive tray of meat, patatoe wedges, French fries, corn and assorted meats We very much enjoyed the chicken wings, ribs and steak. I didn't care for and neither did my wife, the turkey steak. That would be a good one to strike from the menu in my opinion. We like the touch of campfire setting as the baked beans came piping hot still in the can after being heated over open flame. My wife stated that there were not the type of beans that Texans would eat but hey, again we were in Germany.

Over all it was a very good meal and we would return if ever in the area.

See you on the trail and remember, don't be one of "those".

John Eric