Stayed there the week of Sept 16. Big and beautiful older hotel Nice views from the bar area and restaurant. The front desk staff was nice, but a bit standoffish until you got to know them. We had a car so no problem parking. It is about a 20 minute walk to town. Good place to use as a base for exploring the rest of Bavaria. No air conditioning, as can be expected at older hotels but the rooms were big, clean, and bedding was good. I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand chalet-style winter resort hotel with multilingual staff overlooking the town & mountains; 4 km from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Grand Resort Sonnenbichl
- Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria