We went to this hotel for just an overnight stay so that we could travel to see the Zugspitz and Partnachklamm gorge which are both easily accessible from this hotel. The view is definitely one of the most spectacular hotel room views I've every had. The hotel is an older hotel but it is well kept. The rooms were very big and fairly comfortable - bar the pillows but there was a special pillow menu which we should have availed of! We had a room over the bar but there was no noise of disturbance from it maybe due to to the time of year, due to the fact that it was too cold to sit outside although this maybe annoying in the summer months.The breakfast was very tasty. And staff were very friendly and helpful. Also has a handy wall which gives maps of the walking trails available close by which I thought was a nice touch. We had dinner in the restaurant which was tasty, service was a little slow but all in all a very nice little hotel. Small thing to note this hotel takes a small additional fee of €4 per room for our one night stay as a kind of tax I think.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand chalet-style winter resort hotel with multilingual staff overlooking the town & mountains; 4 km from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Grand Resort Sonnenbichl
- Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria