We stayed here for 3 nights as we were touring the area and from the moment we arrived, this grand hotel had the wow factor. Very grand with stunning views from the terrace.
Reception was welcoming and the swimming pool and sauna an added bonus after a long day! Breakfast was included in our room price and was amazing. Continental meats/cheeses, cereals, breads, hot items (sausage, egg, mushrooms and tomatoes), jams, juices and even cake! The bed was firm but comfortable and although, there is free wi-fi in the hotel, our room was a little lacking and you had to stand in a certain place to get it!
I agree with other reviews that the lift is VERY small and our room was a little dated but everything was clean and rooms were large. The other couple in our party had a fridge and full sized bath in their room but strangely, our room didn't! (Next door to each other)
Overall, a landmark hotel for an amazing price. I looked forward to going back every day after our travels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand chalet-style winter resort hotel with multilingual staff overlooking the town & mountains; 4 km from the train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Grand Resort Sonnenbichl
- Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria