The wife and I stayed here in early May for 3 nights and loved the hotel. The hotel was clean and quiet (we were there during shoulder season, between winter/ski and summer season, so that may have had something to do with it), and the staff friendly and for the most part spoke English. We had a room with a queen sized bed in it and found the bed to be quite comfortable. The room itself was a bit small for what Americans are use to, but comfortable nonetheless. The bathrooms were clean, good sized and had plenty of towels, soaps and shampoos. The rooms all have beautiful views; we had a fabulous view of Garmisch and the valley below. Outside of breakfast we didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't comment on lunch and dinner, but the breakfast buffet was good and had a good selection of both hot and cold foods to choose from. As previous posters have already said, this hotel is not in Garmisch proper, but up on the side of the mountain, so having a car is the preferred method of getting into town. You can certainly walk into town, which is probably a 30 -45 minute walk, but the trip back up is going to be tough for those not in shape. All in all we had a fabulous time and would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holidays in Bavaria In the middle of the Bavarian alps, high above Garmisch-Partenkirchen the Riessersee Hotel Resort welcomes its guests with bright prospects for an unforgetable stay. Next to the main building, at the shores of lake Riessersee, is the Seehaus (lake house) with nine luxury suites and a fantastic panorama terrace. Enjoy culinary delicacies in our restaurants - original Bavarian or international food is offered. The spa area guarantees well-being in every season with its chlorine-free Grander water indoor pool, sauna and steam bath. Relax with the unique view to Alpspitze, Waxensteine and Zugspitze. Riessersee Hotel Resort in Garmisch-Partenkirchen - the perfect place for holidays for the whole family, for your wedding in Bavaria, honeymoon, for meetings or events. Perfect holidays in Bavaria. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riessersee Hotel Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riessersee Hotel Sport & Spa Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Riessersee Hotel Sport And Spa Resort
- Riessersee Hotel Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria