“Service OK, but food was very good!”

Mohrenplatz Wirtshaus & Schmankerlmarkt
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auburn, Maine
“Service OK, but food was very good!”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I came here with my husband after walking through downtown Garmisch looking for a place that wasn't too packed where we could sit down and get some supper. We wanted some authentic German food, and I feel like that's what we got. My husband ordered "Hunter's Delight", which came with spatzle in a creamy mushroom sauce and was delicious. I ordered a ham roast which came with potato dumplings (not the best, kind of squishy), coleslaw (which was really more of a sauerkraut), and a nice big Cola Weizen- a hefeweizen beer with a shot of coke in it- delicious! I was a little apprehensive as to how to go about eating my GIANT ham roast at first (and still look like a lady while doing it), but the meat was so tender that it wasn't a problem. My husband even said he liked my meal better than his own- delicious! I say the service was only "okay" though because they seemed really indifferent to us. We don't speak any German and they still treated us with respect, although they definitely didn't go out of their way to cater to us at all. Nice place, good food- I would go back again!

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Splendid!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

We took a lunch in this nice corner with all the family. The food was very delicious, the service excellent and the weather & environment superb. For our wedding anniversary, it was a good spot - we are all happy to find.

• Visited September 2013
Malmo, Sweden
“Pure heaven”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Visited Garmisch exactly one week ago for a stop to have a cozy time in the village.
The goal was to get to one of the mountain tops, but we were told at the tourist information that it was only possible to go get to the top on Saturdays with a guide.

After walking around the village we found Mohrenplatz where we decided to eat lunch. They had a rich menu over German specialties like Schweinehaxn'. This costed only 11 EUR per portion and it's a lot more than an average person can eat. It was made to perfection!

We also asked the waitress; a very nice young lady named Anja about the lifts and how they operate. It turned out that they were operating all summer. We received a book and a map how to get to Zugspitzbahn by car. Where else would you get a service like this!?

Picture will be uploaded shortly. Go and visit this restaurant!!

// Patrick & Ksenija

• Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“No complaints. Great all around.”
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

Service was fast and friendly. Prices are good. Jager was very good. Atmosphere was outstanding. No issues what so ever with anything. Next time I'm in the area, I WILL return again! Highly recommend!

• Visited June 2013
Höheinöd, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
“Okay food, okay service”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

We did not have rude service as some of the other reviewers seem to have experienced. We had "European" service, which in general is a little less warm and friendly than what most Americans are used to. With that in mind, the service was okay. So was the food. It's typical Bavarian food, and it was decent. I thought it was a bit expensive for the quality, but it's a tourist town. It's nothing great and there was nothing to make me want to go there again, but it wasn't an unpleasant meal.

• Visited June 2013