“Great food, lovely location”

Mohrenplatz Wirtshaus & Schmankerlmarkt
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We've had some great meals at this restaurant. Outside in the summer in the Biergarten with amazing views of the mountains and since this Biergarten is right at the Main Shopping Street in Garmisch, you can be part of all the goings-on while having your meal and a beer or a "spezi"(a refreshing drink mix of Coke and Lemonade). Inside is lovely and I highly recommend you stop there for a meal or for afternoon coffee and their "Scheiterhaufen",- a great dessert- .

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A restaurant with traditional settings yet with some modern touch. It's a large restaurant. Good place to go to with your family. Food was good but on the pricey side. Overall good experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband, three year old daughter and I rode our bikes into this area and decided on Mohrenplatz because it was very inviting.

The restaurant is located in the "square" of the Garmisch side of Garmisch-Partenkirchen. There is a beautiful flower garden at the entrance of it's outdoor sitting area. When walking up to the restaurant there are a group of lounge chairs with wooden stumps for end tables. Had my daughter not been with us we probably would have chosen to sit there. Instead we choose one of their many outdoor tables with checkered cloth table clothes and a giant umbrella. Our table was situated near a miniature playground which saved us through our lunch as my daughter wanted to run and play. The atmosphere was very open and enjoyable.

The waiters and waitresses were nice and helpful. They have English menus (although I felt like a I was cheating a bit). Our waiter enticed us to try their daily special which was half of a roasted duck with potato dumpling and cabbage in a beer sauce. AMAZING! It was absolutely delicious and plenty of food. I ordered a grilled chicken salad with grilled mushrooms and onions. Very delightful.

They gave us plenty of time to hang around and lounge while we ate and our daughter played. This was a very enjoyable lunch. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

This was our first meal in Garmisch and in fact my first experience of Bavarian food.

I was intending to have something straightforward but our waiter persuaded me to have the special of the day which was veal in cream and mushroom sauce and was absolutely delicious

My wife had a pork dish which was also superb I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I enjoyed my meal here. It was recommended to me by a local and looked like what I would consider a traditional German biergarten. It was a beautiful sunny day and we sat outside watching the people going by. The menu contained German dishes as well as traditional favorites. I had German spaetzel with salad and my husband had a sausage dish. The food was very good. Our waitress was kind, efficient, and attentive, dressed in traditonal dress. There is an indoor section with bar. Only downside is that it is hard to find parking since this is a pedestrian zone.