Reindl's Partenkirchner Hof
US$122
US$115
US$169
US$162
H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)(Great Value!)
US$133
Dorint SportHotel(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$185
US$176
  • Breakfast included
Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)(Great Value!)
US$118
Orbitz.com
Staudacherhof(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$228
US$215
All reviewstrain stationgourmet packageold world charmfamily businessparking garage isgermany austriaski areaminute walkhalf boardhotel restaurantlovely hotelski busmain roadlovely roomfour nightsmini barrooms are spacious
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel in early June. The hotel is an older traditional German style in immaculate condition. The room was spacious and the staff friendly and very helpful. They made excellent recommendations regarding local restaurants and attractions. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Old school hotel, nice rooms with typical local atmosphere. You can feel that this hotel has a long history. Whether 5 stars are justifiable can probably be discussed, but if you don´t overpay it´s definitely worth a stay.

The restaurant is even better: definitely one of the best restaurants in Garmisch, serving not only the standard tourist stuff but really premium food. Only comparable to "Husar" and "Marcus" in our view (even though those are different restaurant styles, but all 3 have great quality). We go there just for dinner, even when we stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FL321
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We have just had an excellent week staying in this hotel. Our room was in the main building, - typical traditional German style, with chalet appearance and large balcony with geraniums hanging over the front!. The room was fairly spacious and large, and we have a view of the mountain out of the window. There are other bedrooms in an extension which have views over the garden and pool, -some appear to have direct access onto the garden. They also have underground car park and ski store room. We were part of a tour group and were looked after very well. Some of the group wanted to go to the Strauss concert which was part of the festival on at the moment, and were driven there and picked up again by the staff, instead of using taxis.-
personal service indeed. The fact that some of the performers for the festival stay there speaks for itself. The food was excellent too. It certainly lived up to its 5 stars.

Room Tip: our room (15) was in the main building and was down the side, with views of the mountains I think those on the front could be noisy with the windows open. (no a/c in hotel)
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank catsmother19
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed at Reindl's once a few years back and thoroughly enjoyed myself and always wanted to go back to both the hotel and the area. I spent four days there earlier this month over a weekend. The hotel is run by a family, well two families now but I suspect they are closely related. The welcome on arrival was warm, I was expected, formalities were painless and I was shown to my room.

The room was exactly what I expected, spacious, very clean and with doors to the garden from where there are beautiful views of the mountains. The beds and the chairs were very comfortable, the bathroom was lovely but the shower could have done with some added pressure.

Food was excellent both at breakfast and in the evening, I rarely eat in in the evening but the offering was tempting on each evening and so I did. I regret a little not going out and trying other places but you can only eat once each evening!

Staff were so helpful with one exception, nothing was a problem and when due to a strike by Lufthansa I had to plan a new journey home I received all the help and assistance I asked for and more. The one exception to the helpful staff was the man working in the bar who had rather a superior and unhelpful attitude which I found off-putting. I can speak fluent German but each time I tried he replied in English, suggesting he could not understand me.

The hotel itself is lovely, it's well cared for and around the place there are lots of nooks with comfortable chairs in them. You can also tell it's a family run establishment by the variety of pictures and additional things like nice plants that you just don't see in chain hotels. It's really rather like staying with the family rather than in a hotel and if that sort of stay appeals to you then I thoroughly recommend Reindl's.

Room Tip: The ones with direct access to the garden are in my opinion the nicest but there is a variety of rooms and you will surely find one that suits you. There is good information on the hotel website about the choices.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank longhaulfromlondon
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I can highly recommend this hotel for skiers first of all because its location – you don’t need a car, the train station (with regional trains, Zugspitzbahn and ski bus stop) is ~ 250 m away. If you arrive by train you have to go through the station building and go straight ahead (pass by taxi parking, Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten and after 2 small blocks you will be at the hotel). Zugspitzbahn and ski bus stop is on the opposite side of the train station – you just have to go through the tunnel. Garmisch and Partenkirchen both are within 10-15 min. walking distance.

We stayed there 5 nights during Easter holidays and we liked everything – this is old traditional hotel with the best Bavarian traditions and perfect price/quality relation. Maybe the rooms are not the most modern and it’s time to upgrade some furniture but those small minuses are overshadowed by perfect customer service, good breakfast in the wintergarden, fantastic gourmet restaurant, nice and well-kept spa area and the best aperolspritz in the bar. There was free wi-fi in the rooms and between 3-5 PM you get a local cake served in the bar (try cheese cake!). It was very nice also to find welcome fruits & chocolates in the room on the day of arrival and painted and chocolate eggs before the Easter sunday.

As about skiers – ski cards you can buy at the reception and there is good ski room in the basement (garage).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple