We booked the hotel for a quick weekend retreat in August 2012. The hotel advertised "warmly decorated, spacious rooms" with balconies providing "views of the surrounding Bavarian countryside" and a spa so we hoped we are going to have a nice weekend in this picturesque Bavarian town we like.
Well, our expectations came far from fulfilled. First, the room we received was nothing like the one shown on the pictures provided by the hotel upon booking. The room was facing a busy street generating a lot of traffic noise, the beautful Alpine peaks surrounding Garmisch were visible only with a lot of fantasy involved, room was reasonably clean but very dark and its small size and sparse furniture (just one old wobbly chair) were definitely NOT something one would expect from a 4 star hotel. The minibar was also inadequate - few soft drinks, just one bottle of beer, no wine, no spirits. Safe deposit box did not work.
Many things in this hotel come in dispensers (such a soap, kleenex etc.). The problem is that the staff generally does not bother to check when the dispenser is about to be empty, which results in a funny situations such as that the soap runs out in the middle of the shower, etc.
The spa - another funny thing. On the first day the pool was out of order completely, on the second day the water in the so called "indoor heated pool" was as cold as in the Baltic sea.
Breakfast was adequate for a 4 star hotel, however, not more than that. Location perfect for Garmisch, the pedestrian promenade just few hundred meters away. For Partenkirchen it is 15-20 minute walk to reach the historical Ludwigstrasse. The train station and its surrounding nightlife area are about 10 minutes on foot. Parking is possible in the hotel's underground parking for a fee, however, as there are plenty of free parking spaces in the surrounding streets we did not bother.
To summarize - we would expect more from a 4 star hotel. Although the price was not exorbitant (we paid little over EUR 100 per night) there definitely are much better deals in Ga-Pa for such price or even substantially less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming and full of hospitality in a terrific location and a countrified quiescence, but still close to the centre. Let yourself be enchanted of the heavenly scenery with a grandiose view at the Wetterstein-Mountains with the Alpspitze and the Zugspitze.From here you will get to do all the sports activities and you have a short way to the congress house, the spa park, the casino and the 800 meters distant Olympia Stadium.You park in front of the hotel for free. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotel.de so you can book your H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treff Hotel Alpina Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Alpina Hotel Garmisch Partenkirchen
- H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen Germany - Bavaria