Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten
Hotel Zugspitze(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$240
US$233
  • Breakfast included
H+ Hotel Alpina Garmisch-Partenkirchen(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)(Great Value!)
US$134
Staudacherhof(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)
US$225
US$211
Travelocity
Hotel & Gasthof Fraundorfer(Garmisch-Partenkirchen)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$112
All reviewstrain stationperfect locationrooms are basicfront officetop floorperson roomvery pleasant staycoffee machineski roomlocal busesviews of the mountainspartnach gorgei highly recommend this hotelold world charmolympic stadiumbuffet breakfastnice breakfast
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel was perfect for our ski trip to Garmisch. It is directly across the square from the train station and a short walk to the ski school. Shops and restaurants are all close by. Our room at the front had a small balcony overlooking the quiet square with a lovely view of the mountains. The breakfast buffet was ample. This is a traditional hotel with bavarian decor

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ClareK8
Reviewed 22 February 2014

When i first saw the hotel, I was disappointed because it looks old from the exterior. However, i have an excellent stay in this hotel. The room was simple but pretty clean. The heater works very well in winter. Location was pretty good where all the stores and restuarants are just around the corner. The resturant at the hotel serve pretty good apple strudel. Wifi signal was strong, staffs were friendly with basic command of English. Nice hotel to spend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank tsf_tan87
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten was just a stone's throw away from the train station. It's central location made it very easy for me to explore both Garmisch and Partenkirchen areas of the town. There was a taxi stand just in front of the hotel for those who did not want to walk. Hotel guests received a visitor's card (part of the visitor's tax charged by the town) which allowed free use of the municipal bus plus other benefits.

The staff was generally friendly, but there were a couple of times I observed that there was nobody at the reception area. Guests had to wait until someone appeared to assist them, The single room I booked was of decent size, clean, and functional. There was a safe available inside the cabinet, but I think you had to pay a refundable deposit to get the key. The tiny shower stall in the bathroom could be a problem. I am not a hefty person, but I kept bumping against the enclosure everytime I took a shower.

Breakfast was better than some of the more established hotel chains plus the dining area was big. There was a PC available for use free of charge at the lobby. As mentioned in a previous review, you have to bring your room key with you if you intend to return to the hotel after 10pm. You use this to open the hotel entrance door since all the hotel staff are gone by this time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank banzai0
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We spent 2 nights here and decided to stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen since we were going to Oktoberfest and then continue our trip to Salzburg. This was the perfect location for us. The free parking onsite in the back of the hotel was wonderful. Upon check in they provide you will a transportation card that is good for local transportation and buses and also discounts around town. We didn't get a chance to use the card since we really weren't in the town too long. The staff is just fabulous at this location and were very helpful. They even let us use their microwave in the kitchen. Gummy Bears came on the beds. We were in a 4 person room which was nice and very comfy and had enough space. The building is old but very clean and that adds some charm to the hotel.

The location was very ideal as it is right across from the train station. We took the train one morning to Munich and to Oktoberfest. Much cheaper to stay in GP and take the train and not deal with the crowds and cost of staying in Munich.

One thing to note is that the staff isn't available after 10pm. So if you are arriving late make sure you arrive prior to 10pm. When I come back for Oktoberfest I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Aaron G
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights on a hiking trip. Had a quiet, very clean and comfortable single room at the back of the hotel, which is right next to the train station. The bed was extremely comfy (i.e. not too soft) The train to the Zugspitz cable car leaves from the station too. Breakfast was very varied and good. The buses stop nearby on the way to the many cable cars and starting points for hiking and there is also a taxi stand. It's about a 5 to 10 min. walk into town. The buses are free with the cure card from the hotel. I found the personnel very friendly. Could leave my luggage in the hotel after checkout while I went a few hrs. hiking. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Garmisch. I had no complaints whatsoever.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo